CH 16: SHE

A/N: SONGFIC! this one is called 'She' by Doddleoddle. This is a cover version and it rightfully belongs to the amazing artist who performed it, I have no claim on it whatsoever. Link above ^. It is a breathtakingly beautiful song, hear it for MAJOR FEELS! FYI this chapter is basically an account of what happens for the next few days after the last chapter, that is, the confrontation. 

Am I allowed to look at her like that?

Could it be wrong when she's just so nice to look at?

Even after the confrontation, Gabriel never stopped admiring Angelica. She was still the same stubborn Winchester girl he cherished. It was his fault she had changed on the inside, but on the outside she still looked the same way- pretty as a picture.

And she smells like Lemongrass and Sleep.

Memories from the time they were cordial still made him smile. Before his 'death', sometimes while returning from hunts, Gabriel stayed with her in the Impala on the ride back home. One specific time while returning from a tiring three day long hunt in Brandon, Angelica laid her head on his shoulder as she took some much required hours off after staying awake for some time over forty eight hours, and he buried his face in her hair. Sam and Dean saw, but never interjected, and Gabriel noticed their queer action. She let her long hair loose. They trailed down to her hips and got tangled in Gabriel's hands. She smelled like lemongrass and sleep.

She tastes like Apple Juice and Peach.

And you could find her in a Polaroid picture.

'Cause she means everything to me.

One time they went to a carnival, where she had bought him a particularly cheesy bracelet that had angel wings on it. But she seemed to be genuinely interested in it. He remembered how she teased and threatened him all along of stealing his cotton candy, and then finally did. He ran after her to catch her, both of them laughing as he caught her firmly. In the moment, a little boy came around whom Gabriel paid to take a picture. They posed, smiles plastered on their faces, but at the last second Gabriel tickled Angelica, who yelped and turned around. Gabriel kissed her cheek and a beautiful moment was captured on camera. She tasted like apples and peaches, something Gabriel could never get enough of. That picture was framed in her room, but it was not to be found anywhere now.

I'd never tell,

No I'd never say a word.

And oh, it aches,

Buy it feels oddly good to hurt!

It hurt back then too, just to know that he could never truly have her. But at least he knew she trusted him and was with him through thick and thin. His fear of losing her by telling her about the alignment haunted him from the first time he met her. The day they first had a normal conversation at Bobby's front porch, his intention was to tell her about the Big Plan, but, every word she said made him fall for her harder and harder and avoid "the talk" more and more. Did he regret it? Yes, of course. But if he would've told her from the first moment they met, she might have feared him and never spoken to him anyways. A part of his conscious was filled with guilt, but this side of the argument satisfied and pacified his soul in times of discontent. 

And I'll be okay admiring from afar.

'Cause even when she's next to me.

We could not be more far apart.

The brother he loved the most had claimed his most prized possession, or so he believed now. He bore no grudge against him though, he still loved him. While researching, sometimes she sat  on the same table as Gabriel at Bobby's house. But it didn't matter, because even though they were physically close, they were miles apart at heart. He never questioned Castiel about his relationship with Angelica, because the answer didn't matter. Even if Castiel told him he was in love with her, it wouldn't stop Gabriel from being obliged to his Father for her creation. She was going to be with him through the Apocalypse and that was what mattered the most. If they would lose, he would die in peace, else they would live at war, but at least he would know she would be alive and with her brothers, the only two men in existence he could trust his most invaluable one with.

A/N: hOLY PoO 500 reads?! Thank you guys for the love! Star and comment me how you feel about this so far! Do tell me any apprehensions you have! :)