CH 25: AFTER ALL WAS OVER

Angelica felt her world crumble down before her. She could no longer keep herself together. Dean and Castiel had left for Bobby's and all she had in that moment was Gabriel in front of her, who was breaking down nonetheless. She took a small step ahead and put her hand on Gabriel's shoulder as a gesture of support, even though inside her she felt as if a tornado had ripped her apart. Gabriel turned around to face her, not even caring about wiping his tear away. He felt a strong force shove him away as Angelica almost threw herself on him, loss of her brother breaking the dam of tears that had kept them away for so long. Gabriel wrapped his arms around Angelica as she sobbed and gasped, and transported her to Bobby's Salvage Yard. Angelica broke away from him to enter the house. She found Bobby pacing in the hall. Seeing her he stopped and rushed to her side.

"He's gone, Uncle." Her voice started breaking as Bobby embraced her and made her sit on the couch. Her expressions showed she felt crestfallen in herself.

Gabriel was standing afar, just watching what was happening. Nobody was there to console him and it broke his heart. His head hung low and the usual loquacious, cocky attitude was no longer there.

Bobby asked him, "What happened?"

Bobby patted down the seat beside him on the couch and Gabriel came and sat there. His voice was shaky but he managed to stutter out,

"Michael and Lucifer, both are in the cage with Sam and Adam. Dean and Castiel are coming home." Bobby nodded. Angelica wiped her tears and got up to get a glass of water. After drinking it, she announced, "I'm gonna be in my room."

Gabriel seemed to be unwary of her words as he did not care to look up. "Gabe?" She asked him, making him look at her. He pursed his lips. She did not say anything else, but it was certain that this was an invitation to her room.

Bobby put his hand on Gabriel's shoulder and said, "You did your best, son." Gabriel's eyes shot up to Bobby in disbelief. Nobody had called him 'son' before, except his father. Those words were pulchritude. Before he could respond, Bobby got up as he heard his phone ring. "It must be Dean", Gabriel thought to himself and flew away to Angelica's room.

Angelica had changed into more comfortable and clean clothes than the tight jeans and bloodied tank top. She was sitting on her bed staring at nothing but her hands. Gabriel could feel the gloom and darkness around her. But how could he help her out of it when he was surrounded by nothing but the same?

He sat across her and she looked up at him.

"We've won the war but lost the battle, Gabriel." She had a cynical smile.

"I don't really like your Father anymore, you know?" She said to him incautiously.

"Dad always used to say, "Angelica, you know when you become the best hunter? When you learn to protect yourself from everything." And I just did that! I saved myself from the strongest Angel and the Devil, but I don't think I am the best hunter. Hell, I don't think he would even accept me after what just happened." She heaved a sigh.

"Where is God now, huh? Is the huge mission over now? After my brother is sealed up? After I've lost everything?" He could feel her anger pouring out.

"I don't know where He is Angela, but what I do know, is that there is peace. I had cut myself off from Heaven a long time ago, but today when I saw my brothers there, I felt weak again. I didn't want them to fight. But to truly carry out His mission we had to do what we did." He looked at her with sincerity filled in his eyes.

She massaged her temples and said, "I'm sorry. I forgot you lost two of your brothers too. I'm just so—"

"Shut up." He told her, silencing her immediately.

"You need to relax. Why don't you sleep?" He asked her.

"I can't sleep Gabriel. I've just lost my brother for probably forever!" He raised two fingers to her forehead touching her gently. She collapsed onto him into a deep slumber. Gabriel put her under the covers and went downstairs.

THE NEXT MORNING

"LEFT?! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN LEFT?" Angelica yelled at the top of her lungs as Bobby told her Dean had left to live with Lisa.

"Angelica, calm down." Gabriel said, trying to tone down her fury.

"I am calmed down! And you- what kind of sleep did you put me in, that I slept for over 18 hours? Couldn't you wake me up?" She was not going to let it go so easily. Gabriel looked away, dodging the question.

"I get it, he had to fulfil his promise and everything but how could he leave without meeting me?" She said in a quieter voice. It was easy to say what Dean did was wrong, but it was not too difficult to understand what Gabriel and Bobby must have gone through simply thinking about the pain Angelica would have felt seeing him leave just after Sam's demise. She felt as if Dean had abandoned her, just like her father when Sam had left for college.

Sound of angel wings interrupted the aggrieved conversation. It was Castiel. He headed straight towards Gabriel.

"Brother, we need your help. Heaven is in utter chaos. With Michael in the Cage, it is total anarchy up there. You need to return and claim the throne that is rightfully yours."  

A/N: Next chapter will be coming on Sunday. The end is near :) Star, comment and thanks for reading!! 

Supernatural: From Eden(Gabriel Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें