CH 12: DARLING, WE'RE GOING DOWN

A/N: There's a corridor mentioned below. It looks like that^^. 

"Hey bro, how did it go? Wait, let me guess, awful?" A deep voice from the dark asked Michael as soon as he reached Heaven. Michael knew this voice all too well. He did not need the owner of the voice to show his face to recognise that gentle but intrepid voice. He slowly turned around and saw the golden eyes of his younger brother emerging as light in the dark. The same eyes that once held love and respect for Michael and Lucifer now had in them nothing but hate and disgust.

"And who allowed you to get out of your cell?" He asked back.

"Well, duh, I am the trickster." He came into light.

"Gabriel, stop pretending that. I have you here for a purpose." Michael warned his brother who was handcuffed but free to walk around.

"Brother, you know this is not right." Gabriel started. Michael scoffed. "You know this is not what Dad wanted. You know this is not what needs to be done. We need to protect people, not kill them just like Lucy!" Gabriel's eyes pleaded. His voice trembled. Michael looked into his eyes. He snapped his fingers and they were back in Gabriel's cell. Michael stepped forward.

"Oh! So now you are going to give me a moral lesson? You, whom I saved from Death, and the Devil himself?" Michael headed towards Gabriel. Gabriel took a few steps backwards until his back hit the solid wall. His eyes still had no fear in them, but his core was quivering.

"You, you little disdain, that ran away from home when we needed you the most-"

"You did not need me!" Michael threw a punch at Gabriel and he collapsed to the floor in pain.

"You listen to me, when I speak! Angelica Winchester is not going to align with Lucifer. Because she is not dumb enough to support the Devil! Actually, Castiel is not dumb enough to align with the Devil," he smirked. Gabriel's eyes enlarged in disbelief. He was confused; he could not believe his ears. "What?" he asked in a little voice. "Oh you don't know?" Michael asked with utter surprise. The fact that he bought his lie so easily made him smile on the inside. "Angelica Winchester is in love with Castiel! She is- what do humans call it these days? Yes- dating Castiel. She would do exactly what he tells her to." Gabriel's eyes could no longer match his brother's. He felt a wave of betrayal wash over him.

"She believes you are dead. That leaves the obvious choice- Me! I'm going to win this. And then Father's wishes shall be fulfilled. And then you- you shall get the treatment you deserve for your behaviour. Until then, you stay here." Gabriel did not even bother to get up or even question his brother further. Michael flew out of the cell, leaving Gabriel whimpering in pain, his jaw bleeding, as he slowly lost consciousness.

A few hours later

"Okay, okay you need to wake up. Hey! Get up! You're going to get us both killed. Why did I think this was a good idea? Oh! Good finally- come on open up! Rise and shine Gabbie!" A thick British accent woke Gabriel up. He felt a hand patting his cheek.

"Okay, let's get out now."

"Balthazar? You're alive?" Gabriel recognised his grace, his vessel looked older than his own.

"Yeah, learnt it from you, by the way." Balthazar chuckled.

"Enough with the pleasantries. Let's get out of here."

He helped Gabriel stand up. Gabriel checked his hands and the handcuffs were no longer there.

"What?" Gabriel asked back.

"Okay. You get one question then we get out." Balthazar replied in a hasty manner.

"What are you doing?" Gabriel questioned, trying to stabilize himself.

"I broke into heaven using those lockets that temporarily prevent anyone else from knowing of your presence in heaven. I have two of them-"

"Any such thing exists?" Gabriel asked

" 'One question' was what I said." He sighed and continued. "Things are getting nasty down on Earth, the apocalypse and everything, We all know Sam Winchester is gonna say yes. Zachariah is pursuing Dean, and Angelica," At the mere mention of her name, Gabriel's eyes lit up. Balthazar noticed. "Eh, don't be too happy, she isn't really doing anything. She's not doing well, mentally." Those words fumbled out of his mouth. "Now, let's get going, chop chop!" Balthazar clapped his hands and helped Gabriel out. At the end of the long corridor Gabriel saw a sigil painted in blood. "There it is, follow me, quick." Balthazar whispered. Much to his astonishment, they reached the sigil without any interruptions.

"Best of luck, brother." Balthazar said to Gabriel. Gabriel gave him a courteous nod. Balthazar pressed the sigil and bright light engulfed both of them.

A/N: I'm sorry! I know it's been a while! I'll be more regular now. BTW thank you for all the appreciation to this story. I never thought anyone would read it :P and now over 300 people have! It means a lot! You can help me out by sharing your ideas via comments with me and telling me how you feel about the story :) Star and comment! Enjoy!