CH 13: EVERYTHING IS BLUE

A/N: Halsey <3 Long Chapter! Also, Balthazar never died as a soldier here, he just escaped. So Castiel knows he was alive. And the Winchesters have met him too.

After Angelica had confronted Michael, she came to the conclusion that it was better to be patient and wait for another visit by either of the archangels to realise the level of their desperation and need of her in the War. Her brothers agreed with her decision. Castiel found out about the need of her participation in the Apocalypse along with the Winchesters and was as much devastated to hear about it as Angelica herself. Angelica had helped Castiel in the real world a lot. She had taught him how to buy stuff, how to eat and drink, do his laundry, use technology and engage in casual conversation. Even after Gabriel was gone, she shared little moments with him. One time she chided Dean for letting him watch Casa Erotica, and another time she heard him lament about his life when he got drunk accidentally. She had become an excellent hunter, an even better one after the Armageddon began, but she was hurt occasionally. Castiel was always there to help her out. The mere thought of his brothers hurting her made Castiel not only dread, but also mad.

"Angelica, nothing bad is going to happen to you, I promise." He said to Angelica, who was facing her back to him and pouring herself her fourth drink for the night at twelve thirty a.m. Castiel knew she had low tolerance, but he did not stop her. He remembered she had told him drinking was a way of humans expressing melancholy. She chugged the entire drink down in one go. Castiel took a seat on Bobby's couch, he could sense she was intoxicated. She started to approach Castiel.

"Hmm. You keep saying that, darling, keep saying that." She flopped onto the couch and pushed out her flip flops drunkenly. Castiel helped her out. She put her feet up and cuddled to Castiel. She put her head on his shoulder and Castiel put her arm around her to support her neck. She immediately fell into a deep slumber under the influence of the alcohol. Just as he was thinking about taking her back to her bedroom, a bright light engulfed Bobby's living room and two beings appeared to morph out of it. Castiel drew out his angel blade from the sleeve of the hand that was not holding Angelica and pulled her closer to himself. The light slowly dimmed and he could make out the faces of the creatures.

"Gabriel?" He asked in disbelief. Gabriel looked at him and slowly stood up, examining the situation. The sight of Angelica made him tear up with joy, and the sight of Angelica in Castiel's arms made his heart rip. Gabriel did not say anything. Angelica mumbled something. Her lips rested near his ear. Castiel speculated the sudden chaos disturbed her. He carefully pulled her legs closer to her body and stood up, holding her as if she was as light as a feather.

"One second." Castiel paused both the angels and flew to place Angelica on her bed. He came back as soon as he could. When he came back, he saw Gabriel had not moved an inch and Balthazar was observing the showpieces around the room.

"Brother, you're alive." Castiel approached Gabriel and "hugged" him. Gabriel did not respond.

"Balthazar, thank you." Balthazar turned his head away from the painting he was admiring to Castiel and said, "Oh! You're welcome. That was all I was staying around to hear, really." He laughed. "Your hand, Castiel- Take care of Angela, okay?" He smiled and shook hands with Castiel and disappeared.

"Gabriel, you look hurt. Your jaw is bleeding. Are you okay?" Castiel asked putting his hands on Gabriel's shoulders to steady him. He seemed a little wobbly on his feet. Gabriel put a hand to his jaw where it was bleeding and observed the dark red liquid. He looked back at Castiel, and fainted in his arms.

The next morning

Gabriel woke up to bright light making his eyes cringe and muffled voices.

"What do you mean, we don't tell her? She literally lives here! Do you think she won't figure out?" He figured out Sam's angry voice.

A deeper voice started, "Well I- don't think it's the best thing to do right now," It had to be Dean. He interrupted himself.

"He's waking up. Gabriel? You hear me?" It turned out he was right. He was in Sam's bedroom at Bobby's house. He figured out the light source was Castiel healing him. He could feel his powers kicking in. Bobby stood at the door. His eyes searched for Angelica but his lips remained pursed.

"You're alive? More importantly, how do you feel?" Sam asked, approaching him. He helped Gabriel sit on the bed. He put a few cushions behind him to support him and put on the blanket on him properly.

"I'm fine." His voice came out weaker than he thought. There was still a dark red bruise on his jawline from where Michael punched him.

"Well now that we know you're ticking, why did you pretend to die you douchebag?!" Dean almost yelled at him.

"I did not pretend anything, hotshot. After Lucy killed me, Michael resurrected me, and held me captive in heaven, so that I could not hang out with y'all anymore. Said I was a bad influence." He fake frowned.

"Well, gotta give it to him, out of the three of you, you were the deceptive one! You played with my sister!"

"What? That's ridiculous! I did not do any such thing." He defended himself. Dean had lost his control and needed to cool off, so he stormed out of the room. Castiel followed him. Bobby shut the door. Sam was alone in the room with him.

"Gabriel, I get it. You have the most logical side of all the archangels. But influencing Angelica the way you did, man you changed her for a lifetime. She trusted you, and you broke her trust." He could see tears stinging in Gabriel's vessel's eyes. "She would have aligned with you even if you would have told her the truth." He ran his fingers through his hair, just like Angelica did when she was nervous. He puffed and continued, "But it's over now. It doesn't matter. We're gonna stick together until Armageddon. Are you going to help us fight it?"

Gabriel looked up at Sam with the same enthusiasm as a kid who gets the slightest hope of getting candy. He nodded vigorously.

"Good." Sam replied and got up. When he reached the door, he looked back at him and said,

"And Gabriel?" He caught his attention immediately.

"Don't you forget, for a single moment, that I won't ever forgive you for being an ass, not telling us about this whole "collaboration" thing and keeping my sister in the dark. You don't know what she has been through all this while, since the moment she found out you never told us about it. She's much better now, please don't mess up her life again." Gabriel took his head in his hands.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but by keeping this a secret you've been more of a dick to us than any of your brothers." Sam sighed and turned to leave one more time but something made him stop again. He turned back to face Gabriel. "Also, after the apocalypse is over, if by any miracle, we pull this off, I want you to leave and never come back. Ever."

A/N: Tell me if your heart broke in the end too :'(