CH 20: A SURREAL BUT COMPELLING MANIFESTO

"Zar, why don't you head downstairs and meet Sam and Dean? I'll be down in a moment." Angelica asked Balthazar.

"Certainly." Balthazar got up in one swift motion and left immediately. Angelica sighed and put her hair up in a messy bun. As she was doing so, Gabriel couldn't keep his mouth shut any further. It came out like word vomit.

"Why did you have to change to meet Balthazar?" He asked her suddenly.

"She turned to face him. "Balthazar has evident perverted tendencies." She laughed slightly.

"The intention was to ask him to help us, but the probability was he would say no, so I would seduce him into it." Gabriel grimaced at her, his face grew slightly red. "But turns out, he needs us too." Something struck in her mind and she let her hair down again. "Let's go downstairs." Gabriel put his half full bowl of soup aside and got up to join her and they went down. Angelica saw everyone was in Bobby's living room. Balthazar stood up.

"Good evening, gentlemen." All eyes were on him. "M'lady." Angelica crossed her arms and smirked. Gabriel took a seat across Sam. "I have an interesting proposition for you." Sam gave him a nod, indicating him to continue. Balthazar released a long breath.

"I have come to the conclusion that Angelica should say yes to Michael." There was sudden uproar in the room.

"What?" Angelica asked, baffled.

"Michael sent you, didn't he? You son of a –" Dean headed towards Balthazar. With the use of his powers, however, Balthazar made him sit back on his ass.

"Hear me out, ape. If Angelica says yes to Michael, we defeat Lucifer in the war—"

"We?" Gabriel asked interrupting him.

"We- They- Don't question my pronouns!" He was clearly getting annoyed. "And with that, if Gabriel and Angelica both support Michael, the probability of Michael winning will double." He paused for a moment to let everyone sink that in. Dean was certainly not in approval. Sam looked doubtful, while Angelica sat beside Gabriel, both of them were still looking at Balthazar, not intending to make a decision so soon. Castiel put a hand on Angelica's shoulder, assuring her that Balthazar's plan was worth listening to. Bobby took a large sip of his whiskey.

"You wanna continue or should we make pie for dinner and get some goddamn sleep?" Bobby asked.

"The thing is, we need to speak with Michael, clearly, a skill you're not good at. Due to your past encounters, Michael may not interact with you." He looked directly at Dean. Gabriel sighed,

"Michael has clearly said he'll treat me the way I need to be after the War, and I don't think the way I need to be treated involves candy canes and rainbows." He laughed sarcastically.

"He's your brother!" Angelica interjected.

"Yeah, the same guy who gave me this instead of a unicorn." He pointed to his chin, which was no longer red but still showed signs of injury. "Strange, right?" Angelica furrowed her brows at Gabriel.

"Hear me out, people. All we need to do is convince Michael that we'll ally with him and not Lucifer. But what no one knows, not even Michael, is that there is one other creature that you have a hold over, that is more powerful than him. Death." Balthazar smiled. 

Angelica's eyes lit up. "Oh, I see where this is going." She smiled slyly.

"You guys have Death's ring. And Death's scythe, aside from God can kill anyone in existence. I'm not necessarily talking about murder, but threat can also be counted in here. You see? If we somehow manage to control Michael, we might stop a massacre. Rather we might ask him to lead Angels in a more peaceful manner. He can force the angels to protect humans from demons and minions of the Devil." He took a sip of his drink.