#208

Eobard was originally apart of the mission, alongside Rip and the JSA, to gather the Spear of Destiny.

This was right before he went to kill Barry's mom, and he'd originally planned to use an innocent Rip Hunter to get the Holy Lance, who'd still believed that he and the Speedsters were on good terms (friends even), and that the man only wanted to help the world. In truth Eobard wanted to use the Spear to wipe out the Flash from existence and take his place.

The other to be Guardians discovered his real plot soon enough, but unfortunately he escaped their capture. With the failure of his final 'sane' plan Eobard snapped and went and killed Nora Allen himself.

Courtney and Henry never mentioned Eobard to the Legends because they'd been informed by Rip that he'd wiped himself from existence soon after they'd recovered the Spear. Still, they would never forget the look on the Captain's face when he'd found about the Speedster's betrayal.

Legit only wrote this because I needed some sort of explanation to how Eobard knew about the Spear and the other Guardians.

It... I mean... If you tilt you head and squint your eyes really hard it makes a sort of sense...? Maybe... a little bit...