The Barnes Household

Steve's POV.

Steve and Peggy were getting ready to go over to Bucky and Angie's house for dinner. Bucky had seemed very insistent that they come. It had been about 2 years since Angie and Bucky's wedding. As soon as Bucky met Angie he seemed so much happier. He joined SHIELD, more of his memories back, he laughed a lot more and smiled all the time. Steve was so happy for his best friend.

Steve was waiting for Peggy to finish getting ready. She was taking forever. "Peg! You ready yet?" He shouted looking down at his watch. "Yes darling just one minute!" "You said that 10 minutes ago!" Steve sighed.

He walked into the bedroom to find Peggy picking out a necklace. "Honey, its only dinner." "I know, but I want to look my best. Clip it for me?" She asked. He nodded. She pulled her long curled hair over her shoulder. Steve gently clipped her necklace. "There. Beautiful. As always." She turned around and smiled at him. "Now. Please...let's go." Steve begged. Peggy laughed. "Alright. Let me see if Michael is ready." They would never leave the house. Steve thought.

He walked with her into Michaels room. "Michael, dear?" "Yes Mommy?" He asked. Steve smiled at the young boy sitting on the floor playing with his toy cars. "Let's go sweetheart." "Can't I just stay here?" He asked. "No. We don't have a babysitter." "But-"

Steve raised his eyebrows. He had an idea. He grabbed Peggy's hand and began to pull her out. "You know, he shouldn't have to go if he doesn't want to, honey." Her eyes went wide. "Steve!" "Peggy!" He mocked her tone playfully.

"Come on, dear. If he doesn't want to go see Uncle Bucky, then I guess he'll just miss out on all the fun stories we'll get to hear."
Realization washed over Peggy's face. She nodded. "Oh....Your right dear, we should just go. And who knows Aunt Angie may have maid desert. If Michael doesn't come we get more!"

Steve looked over to see Michael now standing up. He looked quite offended. He ran to Peggy and him. He pulled on Peggy's dress gently. "Wait! Don't leave me! I'll be lonely." Peggy smiled and leaned down to him. "It's okay sweetie, Mommy and Daddy won't leave you." She hugged him. "Okay, son. Let's go." Steve said smiling. "Okay, Daddy!" Michael bolted out the door. Peggy and Steve both looked at eachother and laughed. Steve slung his arm around Peggy's shoulder and walked out.

When they got to Bucky's house Bucky opened the door smiling widely. "Hey, man!" He hugged Steve. "Hey, Peggy." He hugged Peggy. Bucky smiled down at Michael. "Hi, Michael what's up?" He asked. "Hi, Uncle Bucky! Guess what?!" "What?" Steve smiled at his son.

"Today, I got a new car! And it looked like an army car!" Bucky smiled and looked up at Peggy. "A military jeep." She whispered. He nodded. "Wow, buddy! That's so cool!" "I know! Did you ever ride in one?" "Well...yes I did, but I'll tell you about that later okay? Right now let's eat." Michael looked disappointed at first, but brightened up and nodded. "Okay!"

"Come on you two." Bucky told Steve and Peggy. "Hey Angie dear! Steve and Peggy are here." He called into the kitchen. Angie walked out with some dishes and set them on the table. She smiled at Steve and Peggy. "Hi you two." She hugged them both. "Hey, little fella." She greeted Michael. "Hi, Aunt Angie." "Well, I bet you all are starving. Come on let's eat."

As they ate Michael begged Steve, Peggy, Bucky to tell war stories. Shameful to say, but Steve and Bucky got so excited telling them that they at one point got up out of their seats and acted out the scene. Steve could see Peggy and Angie having a time, watching them.

Later that evening Bucky stood up front he table. "Okay so, I invited you three here for a vey special reason. You all are our family and we wanted you to be the first to know..." Steve looked over at Peggy who gave him a questioning look. Steve shook his head and shrugged. Bucky end tot stand behind Angie's seat. He put his arms on her shoulders as she began to look incredibly excited. "...We're having a baby." 

Steve sat there stunned. He couldn't believe it. His brother was going to be a father! Peggy rushed over to Angie and hugged her. Then she hugged Bucky. Steve got up smiling and kissed Angie on the cheek, saying his congratulations.

He, then pulled Bucky aside and hugged him. "I couldn't be happier for you Buck. Your gonna be a dad! Congratulations, man." Bucky nodded and smiled. "Thanks Steve."

They hugged. "I know. I could hardly believe it when Angie told me. I can't help, but feel like I'm getting a complete second chance with my life, you know?" "Yeah, trust me. I know. That's how I felt when I woke up...and I saw..." Steve looked over at Peggy. "...Peggy. I felt like I was getting a second chance at life. To actually be able to spend my life with her." Steve mused.

Bucky nodded. "Steve...you always talk about how...you feel like your getting a second chance, but you never did anything terrible." "True, but I did almost die." "True." Steve sighed. "I guess we're both getting a second chance." Bucky continued. "Yeah. I guess so."

"You know, Peggy and I want another kid too. Hopefully it will actually happen." "Sounds good. I'd like another niece or nephew, personally. I need more of a challenge." Bucky joked. Steve laughed. "Hey, you don't think you two could pull of twins, do you?" Bucky jokingly asked. Steve laughed harder. "Don't push your luck, buddy. Come on let's go back over there with the girls." "Okay."