Its A Date.

Steve's POV.

Steve watched in shock and confusion as Red Scull was being designated by the cube. He screamed out of pain and then a wave of energy blew from the cube. Red Scull was gone. The cube fell on the floor and melted threw, falling to earth.

Steve quickly sat down in the pilots seat and took the controls. He steadied the plane, then looked at the dashboard.

Red Scull had set the plane for New York

Red Scull had set the plane for New York. There was no stopping it. When they would reach New York a bomb would be released. Steve couldn't let that happen. He realized what he was going to have to do. He calmly called the team on the radio.

Nobody's POV.

"Come in! This is Captain Rogers. Come in!" Steve shouted. Peggy was at the HYDRA base with the others when she heard Steve's voice over the radio. Jim Mortuga began to answer. "Captain Rog-" Peggy ran over and grabbed the mic from Jim. Jim got up out of the chair and let her sit down.

"Steve, is that you? Are you alright?" She asked worriedly. "Peggy! Schmidts dead." He told her. "What about the plane?" She asked. Steve looked at the dashboard again and sighed. "...That's a little bit tougher to explain." He could feel the anxiety setting in. Peggy's eyes shifted trying to understand what he meant.

"G-give me your coordinates, I'll find you a safe landing site." "There's not going to be a safe landing." Steve shouted over the wind. He hoped he wouldn't have to say this. Especially to her. "But I can try and force it down."

Peggy's eyes widened realizing what he was saying. No this wasn't happening. She wouldn't let it. "I'll get Howard on the line, he'll know what to do." She told him frantically. "There's not enough time. This thing's moving too fast and it's heading for New York." Steve paused. Fear ran through his body. He was going to die. He knew it, but it had to be done. "...I gotta put her in the water."

Colonel Philips gestured to the men to leave Peggy alone to talk to Steve

Colonel Philips gestured to the men to leave Peggy alone to talk to Steve. Peggy knew that he would die. Her eyes glassed over as she tried to figure out a way to talk him out of it. "Please, d-don't do this. We have time....We can work it out." She begged him. "Right now I'm in the middle of nowhere. If I wait any longer a lot of people are gonna die."