Welcome Back.

Steve's POV.

Steve sat on the bed and looked around. The drapes were open and sunshine was pouring in. Steve had a temptation to look out the widow to see if the background was real or not. He was about to go over to the window when the door opened.

He turned toward the door. Steve's eyes widened. "Howard?!" He exclaimed. Howard smiled widely and walked over to where Steve was standing. "Cap!I can't believe it! Your awake!" He hugged him and patted his back. "Yeah, I uh just woke up...yeah." Steve answered still taking in the fact that Howard was alive and well. Howard smiled at Steve. "We thought you'd never wake up."

"I know. Peggy...she told me I've been in a coma? For six months?" He questioned. Howard nodded. "Yeah, Cap." He answered. "Only you were in hibernation for almost two years. Then we found you, took you out of hibernation and you went into a deep coma for 6 months." He explained. Steve nodded.

"It's great to see you again Howard." Steve said seriously.

Howard smiled. "It's great to see you two buddy. You know I hate to say it, but I had about given up hope. Peggy never did though. She kept telling me that you'd wake up and she was right. Like usual." He slightly laughed. Steve smiled. "Yeah, she's...somethin'"

Howard cleared his throat. "Alright well let's get you checked up." He sat Steve down and had him take his shirt off. He began checking his vitals. Just the Peggy walked in. "Oh! Um...Steve...Howard, uh I didn't realize you were examining him..." She stuttered. She forgot what Steve looked like. She was almost in a state of shock.

Howard laughed at her reaction

Howard laughed at her reaction. "It's alright Peg your not interrupting."

Steve saw how flustered she looked he realized why and blushed. "Oh, well...alright." She answered Steve met her gaze and they locked eyes. She blushed and turned away awkwardly.

He furrowed his eyebrows. Why was she acting so strange? He and heard her tell him she loved him and that she regretted not marrying him. What was going on? "Alright let me just take some blood and we'll be done." Howard told him. As he took Steve's blood, Steve looked over at Peggy. She was so stiff and staring in space. As if remembering something. "Alright, all done."

Steve stood up and put his shirt back on. "Well, your perfectly fine. Everything checks out. I'll check up on the blood samples later." He told Steve. He nodded. "Thanks Howard." "No problem."

Peggy cleared her throat. "Well as long as your alright...I suppose I should be going." She told Steve kindly. Steve felt disappointed he just got her back and now she was going leave. "Are-are you sure you don't wanna...I don't know... talk for a bit?" He asked. She looked at him oddly. "I mean, you know I've been asleep for a while, and I'd sorta like to catch up." He lied, seeing her reaction.

She smiled slightly. "Oh well...I'm sure Howard can help catch you up. I would love help you, but I have a uh...I mean I have somewhere I have to be. I'll...see you tomorrow, though?" He nodded reluctantly. She grabbed her coat and walked to the door.