Memories

Minutes after the last chapter....

Steve's POV.

Steve walked from Michaels bedroom into their bedroom to find Peggy dressed and sitting at her mirror. "Hi. You took quite a while. Is he asleep?" She asked. He nodded, looking at her through the mirror. "Yeah. I told him a story." "Really? What story?" "What do you think?" "One from our time in the war?" Steve sat on the bed still looking at her through the mirror. "Yep. He wanted to hear how we met." Peggy laughed. "Isn't that the millionth time he's asked to hear that?" Steve chuckled. "That's what I said, but he wanted to hear it. So, I told him. Again." Steve saw Peggy smile.

There was a moment of silence. Steve decided to interrupt it. "Hey, Peg?" "Mhmm?" She hummed. "What did you think when you first saw me?" He smiled. Peggy furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Steve in the mirror. She slightly giggled. "I don't know. That was a long time ago." "Well try and remember." "Okay."

She smiled and looked as if she was in thought. She got up and walked passed him to put her heels on. A moment passed and Steve wondered if he would ever get an answer.

"What in the world is a little guy like him doing here?" Steve turned to her, to see her smiling. "What?" "The first thing I thought when I saw you." Steve laughed. Of course.

She walked over to him and sat next to him. "But then as I looked into your perfect dark blue eyes I saw this...sparkle that I hadn't seen in anyone's eyes before. Your eyes were full of...joy, hope and...strength. I was seriously taken back. It was something I hadn't expected from someone of your physique. It was beautiful and refreshing. Then you noticed that I had caught you staring at me." She giggled. Steve breathed a chuckle and looked down.

"We both locked eyes intently. At that moment I knew there was something wonderfully different about you. From that moment on I always felt drawn to you for some reason." Steve locked her with her. She was looking at him with love in her eyes. "I'm glad." "Me too." Peggy whispered.

Steve looked down at her lips, then back to her eyes. They both leaned in and kissed. They pulled apart and laid their foreheads against one another.

"You know, from the moment I saw you punch Hodge in the face I knew I was in love with you." Peggy laughed. "Really?" "Yep." "Well that's romantic." She said pulling away. "Yes it was. What about you?" She smiled. "I knew, I was inlove a little later on afraid." "Really" Steve drew his eyebrows together. "Yes, but it was mostly, because I was scared to fall inlove. I had thought I had been inlove before and found out that I wasn't later on. I hadn't wanted to be wrong again." Steve nodded.

"Anyway...I was getting ready to go see you at the Stork Club and tell you that Howard was ready for to test out some gear. In my room I began to think a lot. Suddenly I realized that...I was falling inlove with you." "That late huh?"

"Well, if we're going to be technical... the day I knew I was falling for you and knew that I had feelings for you was when you risked your life, jumping out of that bloody plane to save all those men. I had felt something for you before, but in that moment as I watched you fall though the air...I knew it was something very special."

"I see. Well if we are going to be so technical. I guess I should admit that I didn't exactly know I was inlove in that moment when I first saw you. I just felt something strong and special. The moment I really admitted that I was inlove with you was... when you shot at me with that pistol." Peggy laughed and covered face. She obliviously blushing. Steve thought she was so cute. "Oh no! Not then!" "Yep. That's when I admitted to myself that you were the only one for me."

Peggy laughed. "Well we sure are romantic aren't we Captain?" He laughed then smirked at her. "I thought I told you not to call me that?" He said brining back a memory. Peggy smiled. "Oh really? I seem to remember that. My apologies Capt-" He playfully glared at her. "I mean...Steve." "Much better."

They smiled widely at one another. It was fun reliving old memories. "I love you, Agent Carter." Steve said. "And I love you, Captain Rogers." They kissed. In that moment they both knew that their love would never ever die. Not when they felt like this.