Neighbors

Steve's POV.

It had been a week since Steve woke up. It had been hard watching Peggy and Daniel be together, but he stayed out of the way. He just wanted her to be happy. He was grateful that when he woke up she was young and had a long life ahead instead of old and near death.

Steve was staying at the lab for the time being, because he didn't have a place to stay yet. He had hoped he could find a place in Brooklyn, but no luck. Steve went over to the window and looked out. He watched as all the cars drove past. He was so happy to see normal cars he was used to again. It did feel weird though. That dream felt so real! So real that being back was felt slightly odd.

Suddenly a wave of sadness went over him. All the friends he met and cared for were just figments of his imagination. Thor, Bruce, Vision, Rodey, Clint, Tony, Natasha, Wanda, and even Sam. Then he realized...Bucky. Bucky was actually dead. Steve sighed.

He heard a knock at the door. He turned his head toward the door. "Come in." He turned back to the window. "Hello, Steve." Steve turned around in surprise. "Hi." She smiled. "How are you?"

 "How are you?"

"Fine. I'm not in a coma and I'm not dead so...yeah I'd say I'm pretty good." Peggy laughed. "Good." She walked towards him.

"So have you found a place to stay yet?" She asked. "No. I haven't." "Oh, that's too bad. Have you asked Howard to help you?" She asked. "Actually I have, but he only found expensive and fancy apartments."

"I see. Well I'm living in one of Howard's old with my friend Angie..." Steve looked shocked and raised his eyebrow at her. " Her eyes widened. "Oh! No, no, no. After I lost my apartment he let us stay there as a thank you for um, something I cleared up for him." Steve nodded. Howard must have gotten himself in some trouble. "I see."

"You know I'm sure Howard would be fine if you would come and stay in guest house." She told him. "It's not fancy at all. Its very quaint." Steve thought for a moment. "Alright. That sounds good." She smiled at him. "Good I'll let him know. I'm going home right after this...would you like me to give you a ride over there?" She asked. He smiled at her. "Sure."

"Alright. I'll go let Howard know." He nodded. She walked out. When she came back she was smiling widely. "Alright. Everything's fine. We can go." "Okay." He smiled at her and walked out.

When they arrived at the , they drove around to the back. Steve saw a little red brick house in the back with a white fence around it. They drove down the drive way and parked. Peggy got out of the car as did Steve. "Come on." She smiled. He followed behind her.

She unlocked the door and they went in. It was as Peggy had said, quaint. "Here we are." She said. The door opened into the living room on the right, and the dining room on the left. "Here's the living room and dining room and..."

She walked into the dining room and through two wooden swinging doors. Steve followed. "...here's the kitchen." Steve looked around at the small kitchen with an island in the middle. "Nice." He commented. "Let me show you the bedroom."