Star Spangled Man

Steve's POV.

Steve sat in his dressing room immediately regretting his decision, as he put on his red boots. He sighed heavily. He heard a man call from behind the door. "Rogers your on in 3!" He sighed frustratedly. "Coming!" He shouted. He turned to the stage makeup vanity and picked up a blue mask and walked out the door. The showgirls that were around him backstage stared at him and giggled. When he looked over at one of them she winked. He blushed horridly and went over to Senatorial Brandt's assistant.

The music started and the girls went onto the stage. The people cheered loudly. He was breathing harder and his palms were sweating. He was so nervous. "I don't know if I can do this." He said shakily. "Nothing to it. Sell off a few bonds, bonds buy bullets, bullets kills Nazi's. Bing bang boom. You're an American hero." The assistant told him. "It's just now how I pictured getting there." Steve mumbled, putting on his mask.

 "The senator's got a lot of pull up on the hill

"The senator's got a lot of pull up on the hill. You play ball with us, you'll be leading your own platoon in no time. Take the shield." He said and handed him a red, white, and blue, striped, shield. He took it and was pushed out on stage.

As he read the lines off the back of his shield he began to feel a little more at ease. The people seemed to be enjoying it so it wasn't all that bad.

He couldn't believe that he had gone to this

He couldn't believe that he had gone to this. He was now a fictional super hero called Captain America in a show. It was embarrassing. He should have been out there fighting, but no, he was just an experiment, after all. So why should he be allowed to serve? 'At least I'm not stuck in a lab.' He thought.

For months Steve did shows. He did shows in city's all across America. He signed autographs everyday, was in short films, in commercials, had his own comic book series, had posters everywhere, and even saw kids in the street playing and pretending to be Captain America.