with far better people

Začít od začátku

His eyes were full of emotions, it was the first time Kirsten saw them like that. His eyes were quite puffed and tired, the sadness was being held back by the joy of seeing her. His hand on his chest and the other squeezing her hand and trying to convey the message that 'I can't take it if I would lose you.'

"I would have forced myself the same thing."

"Band version of Romeo and Juliet?" his joke lightened up the mood, but only for a couple of seconds.

Kirsten chuckled at the comparison, "Nah! I prefer We could live like Jack and Kirsten if we want to. Though it would totally get ousted by other band shippings out there!"

Jack held both of her hands and pulled them up to the back of his neck. With the distance between them getting smaller, he looked down at her and stared at her lips which were awkwardly trying not to make any movement. "We're engaged now. I still can't let it sink down on me. I thought I'm going to lose you. And I can't help but think about it since we are engaged now. I don't know what to think anymore."

His beautiful eyes slowly turned into a pained and frightened expression. Kirsten couldn't think of anything to help him get past through his thoughts. His hands traced her waist down to her hips and it almost hurt when he held her flesh tightly.

The lips that she was trying to keep intact let out a soft moan of pain. His eyes were slowly turning into a puzzle for her. The pained and frightened expression were replaced by lust and longing. She tried to tolerate the growing pain. She tried to understand the switching of his behavior.

For her, it was understandable to get such reaction. It wasn't the first time that he almost lost her. And to get through that depressing state again would always bring out the worst in him.

When it was too much for her to handle his tight grip on his waists, she quickly pulled his hands away from her. It snapped him out of his melting and terrorizing stare. "Just feel this." she said as she gently pushed him on the couch until he was lying on his back completely. She followed and squeezed herself into his arms and hugged his whole body.

"We can live like this forever, Jack."

"I don't want to lose-"

"You won't lose me. You never did." She planted a sweet kiss on his cheek that travelled towards his lips and stayed there for a moment. The bus was already moving, but its noise were softly muted as the sound of their hearts beating became louder.

She couldn't count the songs she sang in her mind anymore when the sliding door of the back lounge slowly opened. A familiar hair came in before its face was revealed. A slice of pizza appeared afterwards. He said not to talk to him, but Kirsten was left with no choice. He didn't want to disturb Jack's light sleep. "Leave a box for us!" she screamed with a whisper.

Alex understood what she said but he still went inside the back lounge. He stretched out his arm and fed Kirsten with the pizza slice he has on his hands. She bit a big chunk out of it. He patted her head as she tried to chew the food. Alex left with a small smile on his lips and went back to the front lounge.

"Caller!" Rian held out Alex's phone that he left on the kitchen counter were the pile of pizza boxes were put. Alex rushed to get the phone, he's been waiting for Lisa's call all night.

"Hey!" he greeted.

"Hi sweetie!" It was Joyce. "He's not answering his phone, did you guys found Kirsten already?" Alex sighed in despair and disappointment but he still managed to answer back, "Yeah. He's sleeping right now and I think he left his phone on his bunk."