1

I walked out of the rusty white tattered and boarded up trap house with my daily pay and counted my money on the way home.

4 g's in one day

I smirked to myself and continued down the street and when I saw I was getting ready to pass a group of niggas and I felt my belt buckle to make sure I had my strap ready just in case a nigga wanted to try me.

They stopped talking when I came closer
"Aye who you ?" I rolled my eyes and kept walking "who tf is you ?" I still didn't answer and they stood up and pulled out their guns on me and I pulled mine out too

"Imma ask you again nigga who you ?" I recognized Dre by his braids and voice. I chuckled and pulled my hood down

He smacked his teeth "Maneeee I thought chu was a nigga Bre "

"I was finna bus a cap in yo ass like a nigga " I said back while I put my strap back in my buckle and put my hood back up. I saw a couple other niggas with him and recognized all of them even though it was pitch black

I dapped everyone up "wassup Tre " "wassup Dee " "wassup Shaq " "Hey August "

"Wassup ma " he hugged me and all his boys cooed

"Damnn she gave you a hey and errthing " Dee teased

"You betta stop for Podre come get yo ass " Tre warned and they all did that thing that boys do when they started talking and making stupid noises at the same time

"Don't nobody want August mane " I playfully kissed my teeth then I walked away and I felt them starring at my ass so I put up two middle fingers up behind both cheeks then they did that dumbass thing again.

I walked the 2 blocks to my house and went inside and my dukes wasn't home.

I flicked on a light and went Into my room and put my money in the crumpled envelope under my mattress.

I plopped down on my bed and smiled at the ceiling and looked around my medium sized room.

I removed my hair from the tight low pony tail it was in while letting my curly black hair fall down my shoulders with my honey blonde tips rubbing my temples and taking off my 12's and taking off my shirt leaving me with my pants and my bra.

I pulled my strap out and set it on my dresser and was about to pull my pants down when I heard a voice "nice view ma " I picked up my strap and pointed it where the voice came from and it was August.

I held my chest holding my heart then covered my exposed chest it realizing it was bare

"Wtf August ,you know not to sneak up like that " I semi yelled at him.

He smirked "you won't gon shoot me "

"try me " i said with threat in my voice. He chuckled and showed his dimples

"Come chill wit us fa a minute " he persuaded.

I rolled my eyes sighed and pulled my shirt back on then i put my strap back in my buckle. Instead of my hoodie I grabbed a jacket and I slipped my 12s back on and walked outside and saw August  across the street with the boys.

I walked over to them and Dre started teasing me "aw look Bre put her hair down,took the hoodie off and shit " he picked my hair up and I smacked his hand

"Nigga don't play wit me "

---

We was chilling on August porch enjoying the nice humid summer night when I saw Podre walking over to us .

I got up and halfway walked over to him "hey bro " I wrapped one arm around his torso as he hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"These niggas treating you right ?" He said eyeing everyone on the porch and I laughed

"Yeah I'm good where you been? " I asked looking at his eyes which looked slightly glazed in the moonlight

"Shii taking care of some buissness " he patted my back and looked around suspiciously.

Me and podre was real close he always took up for me and everyone knew he was my brother round here in New Orleans

We were really all we got except for our dukes. We been through everything together

"Imma go cook you some dinner Bre " He hugged me then started across the street.

When he got to the other side I noticed a car slowly riding like it was looking for someone and then it sped up. When I realized what was happening I tried to run over to Podre but it was too late.

"Podree !! " it was like everything went in slow motion

I saw three bullets fly through my brother and blood spattered on the ground and cars like paint.

I heard the boys behind me run to the scene  emptying clips into the car.

I froze and felt my knees weaken while my vision blurred, now I was mad.

I ran after the car and shot my whole round into the car breaking the windows and shooting a hole in the tire. While the boys were shooting at them right behind me, but unfortunately they sped down the road and got away.

Tears streamed down my face as I ran over to my brother and held his body. My hands were shaking and my body felt like it was about to give out.

I whipped out my phone and called 911 and soon I heard sirens in the distance approaching.

I felt someone come behind me and hold me as I cried over my brothers body. I noticed how weak he was getting so i checked his pulse and it was still beating, but slowly fading.

"Please don't give up on me " I kept repeating it over and over into his ear

I took my jacket off and took my shirt off not giving a fuck who was watching me.

I ripped my shirt up into pieces and tied it around his wounds to stop the bleeding and I slipped my jacket back on over my exposed body.

I completely broke down and rocked him back and forth and he slowly spoke to me

"I'm not gon give up on you Bre.. " he said in a weak voice

"Please don't .. "  I squeezed his hand and felt him squeeze back with a death grip and i knew he was fighting for me.

The ambulance got here and rushed him into it and I tried to hop in but they stopped me

"No time for that ma'am we need to hurry and get him to a hospital "

They shut the doors and pulled away and I looked at his puddle of blood and the scene replayed in my head and I felt insane.

I screamed .

Loud.

I don't even have a car .

I picked my gun up off the ground and went into my room and loaded it up.

I looked at my trembling hands and saw they were covered in blood and I looked in the mirror and my face looked Horrible. My honey blond tips were now Red, and my jacket was soaked in his blood. More tears streamed down my face dripping like a waterfall.

I can't lose him.

I can't.

I heard a loud bang on my door and I opened it .

I saw August and no words were spoken he just grabbed my hand not even minding the blood on it and he led me to his car and all we hopped in and I saw the boys were in the back.

"They not finna get away with this Bre "

I looked up at the stary night sky, its funny how fast your whole night can change in just a matter of seconds.

This is war bitch .