🥀✨CHAPTER 十七✨🥀

Wednesday

I walked into the school building blasting music in my ears, not in the mood to converse with anybody. It had been two days since Christian and I talked. She hasn't been in school and has been completely ignoring all my calls and texts. But if she doesn't wanna talk then fuck it.

I made my way into first period and took my seat, gazing out the window until the bell rung. For the third day in a row, Christian has skipped school. Instead of being mad, I was slowly becoming concerned. What could be going on to make someone miss three whole days? Car accident? House fire?

It has to be something serious....

The last time we talked on Sunday, she was completely fine. Smiling and all. We had hung out at Jaylen's house again. This time, Taylor and I watching them play basketball on her backyard court. Afterwards cuddling and watching horror movies together. So I'm pretty sure it was nothing I did. Plus, she doesn't seem like the type to miss school for being in her feelings. Maybe it was best if I forgot about her and focused on getting through the day.

Second period was extremely boring once again. I had nobody to talk to the entire time. We just worked on our paintings the entire period; though I didn't really feel like painting at the moment. You ever have this lingering feeling of anxiety? Where you can't truly focus or enjoy anything because you feel sick to your stomach? That's how I was feeling right now. But if something bad happened, her friends would tell me, right?

Goodness, I feel nauseous

Raising my hand, I asked to go to the bathroom, and ended up rooming the halls. I would go up to the greenhouse, but then I'd have to see Aubrey, and I'm avoiding her at the moment. I would text Taylor, but her goodie two shoes ass wouldn't respond while she was in class. I was left alone with my own, deafening thoughts- which is the worse thing when dealing with anxiety.

I walked outside to the school's flower garden, sitting on the rusted white bench positioned under the tree. I rested my head against the back of the bench and closed my eyes. Taking deep breaths and counting backwards from 50, to ward off my nerves. The fall breeze giving me small goosebumps up my arm. I probably should've brought my jacket- now imma get a cold. The last thing I needed right now was to be sick. That would literally be the breaking point. Not only with things going on at home but school is completely beating my a-

"BOO!" A loud voice jumped up behind me, grabbing my shoulders.

My heart literally skipped a beat as I screamed out, grabbing at my chest and whipping my head around.

And standing there was no other than Satan herself......

Aubrey.

She was wearing a long-sleeve orange crop top and black leggings. Her hair was out and curly as always, and she wore that deceivingly innocent smile.

"Hey there, Stranger!" She beamed, getting comfortable next to me.

I muttered out a small "Hi", keeping my gaze everywhere but on her.

"You know, it almost seems as if you're avoiding me." She asked tilting her head to the side.

Well damn.

Her boldness was definitely something to take caution to. And her vibe? Creepy, almost like a serial killer's.

"Me?? Avoiding you?? N-Now why I do that, huh?" I nervously chuckled as I managed to force a genuinely confused expression.

Nailed it.

She lightheartedly chuckled. Silence followed as we both gazed upon the white flowers blooming in front of us.