💮✨CHAPTER 一✨💮

*BEEP**BEEP**BEEP*

I grudgingly turned over and shut off my alarm. I outwardly groaned and turned on my back, starring aimlessly at my bedroom ceiling. It was the color of the sky, with little specks of white. It wasn't the ceiling I was used to though.

My ceiling was purple, but that ceiling was back in Ohio. Here I was, in Georgia, with my grandmother. I'd come to her house every summer with my older brother, but it was a different situation now. Being here wasn't just for over the summer, it was permanently, and my brother wasn't here with me. It was just my sisters Mia and Lauren now.

I was miserable. It used to be fun coming over here, but now it felt like prison, and I was simply miserable. To make it even worst is..........

*BEEP**BEEP*BEEP*

I hit my alarm once again. My thoughts were quickly interrupted and I had wasted 15 minutes still in bed. What a horrible way to start my first day of junior year. I jumped out of bed and straight into the shower. Quickly rubbing over my body with soap and a loofah, I stepped out, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I spent a half an hour trying to figure out what I was going to wear last night. I had decided on a jean jacket to go over my olive green top, some black leggings, and high top white converses. Checking my phone, I had only 7 minutes before my bus arrived so I skipped breakfast, grabbed my bookbag, and headed out the door.

I sat in the front of the rowdy school bus and plugged my headphones in. Leaning my head up against the window, I watched the trees go by.

My grandma lives in a suburban area, close to all the small shops and boutiques. I liked it much better in Ohio though, but why wouldn't I? I spent my whole childhood growing up there. My father always let us go down to the Farmers Market so we could go around eating samples. The strawberries were my favorite, but here the strawberries had a bland flavor and left a bitter taste in my mouth. Everything here left a bitter taste in my mouth, and with that I felt nauseated. To make it even more painful, I was going to one of the most preppiest school in Atlanta, and who wants to deal with stuck up kids all day?

We pulled up to the school, and proceeded to walk into the building. I entered the office where I was handed my schedule. One of the counsellors took the job of showing me around as class begun. The computer lab, the library, and the cafeteria. She then showed me to my class and left. I spent about 7 minutes outside the door trying to calm my anxiety. I could hear the teaching talking inside the room. English was my first period, which was disappointing for me because English was my worst subject. I could read a poem 100 times and still not understand what the hell the author was talking about.

Just as I found the courage to walk into the classroom, the door swung open and there stood a girl. She was tall and her straight, black hair hung down her back. She wore a plain black tee shirt, khaki joggers and jordans, dressing it up with a bucket hat, some gold chains, ear studs, and rings. I couldn't even help but stare, she was stunning.

"Umm......Excuse me." She blandly said.

I blushed and quickly moved aside, then rushed into the classroom. I handed the teacher my note and introduced myself to the class, while simultaneously trying to hide my red face. I sat in my new assigned seat and took out my notebook. The teacher was lecturing on the importance of pagos, logos, and ethos in persuasive writing as the girl from before walked back into class, and to my luck, her seat was right next to mine.

English felt like forever and once again I ended up frustrated with the work I couldn't understand. What made it worse was the girl next to me continued to chuckle at my failure all throughout class. She was such an asshole honestly. It was only first period and I wanted to crawl under a rock. Finally the bell rung and I went over my schedule again. I had art next, which was a relief. I would be able to relax after english everyday by drawing and sculpting.

"You new here?"

I looked up to see the same girl. Mesmerized by her once again I stuttered.

"W-what??"

"I asked if this was your first year here." She smiled.

I nodded my head and she grabbed my schedule out of my hand.

"We have the same class next. Come, walk with me." She started down the hall and I followed.

"I'm Christian, by the way." She smiled back at me.

"Brooklyn." I responded. She was intimidating and charismatic. I couldn't help but evert my eyes every time she looked in my direction. She had tattoos up both her arms and she dapped up almost every nigga in the hall.

I see she's well known

When we reached the class she handed me my schedule then proceeded to follow me to a seat.

I smiled at her and slouched in my seat. If this day could be over with already, nothing would be better. I was very nervous and simply being next to here made it hard to breathe. She also wore hella cologne, so that didn't help the situation at all.

We did nothing in this class but go over the safety rules. The rest of the day I didn't see Christian again, which was fine by me. I ended up sitting with a senior at lunch. Her name was Taylor, a pretty darkskin girl, nice too. I gave her my number before leaving lunch and heading to my last class.

When the day ended I took the bus back home. Upon arriving I went straight to my room, and flopped onto my bed. My grandmother was sleeping and both my siblings were still in school. Not that I minded them being gone. I wasn't yet ready to deal with them, so I decided on a quick nap before I had to pick Mia up from the bus stop. Slowly, I drifted off into a light sleep, away from all the intruding thoughts that clouded my mind.
               »»————- ♡ ————-««

Y'all 💀 I've been writing this book since 2015 (no joke) but I've finally gained the balls to actually publish

Y'all 💀 I've been writing this book since 2015 (no joke) but I've finally gained the balls to actually publish. I literally have like 17 chapters written (and yes..... I've only written 17 chapters in a span of 3 years). The original plan was to write hella chapters and post on a weekly schedule and if I ever had writers block I'd still have time with the chapters I've already written, buttttttt 🙃 I had writers block for like a good 2 years. Plus, it seems like I can only write one chapter every 6 months. So imma just post like 5 chapters at once and try to keep up with updating this book. Wish me luck y'all 😭