♛ Chapter 17

♛ Chapter 17

      The warm, soft lips that was placed on my cheek was very special and that day too, February 14, 1889, Valentine’s Day. That day was one of the best days of my life; I told myself that having crushes is silly back then and love is such a crazy dream. Those were the days that I thought, I, Lavina Herondale would be forever unlovable and will not love. I smiled warmly, recalling those precious days and nights with him. It has been 1 week after Valentine’s and Ciel received  a letter from the Queen, he will be leaving the mansion by tomorrow, at dawn, since he said that the place that they are going is a little far and it would be better if they investigate more quicker. Ciel is the Queen’s Watchdog, and he must be very loyal to the Queen. Her Majesty gave the letter this afternoon, who would have known that they would be investigating that fast, it’s a shame that I cannot come with them. He said it is far too dangerous; I might get hurt he warned me. A small knock hits my door, and I guess it is the perfect butler, Sebastian Michaelis; I cleared my throat and said, “Come in, Sebastian.” He entered the room carrying his favorite silver tray, he brought chocolate chip cookies and warm milk, “Miss Lavina, would you care for some milk and cookies?” he puts the tray on the table at the side of my bed. “Yes please. You do know me after all.” I smiled as he pours white milk on the cup, “Honey?” he asked holding the wooden bee honey dipper or honey dipper; I nodded and then he stir it up and gave it to me. “Thank you, Sebastian.” I took a small sip, entering my mouth, hot liquid but it is nice for such a bad weather. I dunked the cookie into the milk before eating it; I swallowed and asked Sebastian, “Will the trip take long?” He started to clean up the books that was scattered on my bed, my bed is pretty messy, he puts the books in the bookshelf, “Not that long, we might be back around 5 at the afternoon…” he stopped and smirked; what made him stop? “I have noticed that you are quite a book lover, and these novels… love. You are attracted to love novels.” Oh damn! I didn’t think that he would notice it!  “Excited much? You are still young, you know.” He mocked me by grinning, he gave a pat on my shoulder, “Miss Lavina are you inspired?” he asked me. When I was taking small sips to look like I heard nothing, I wanted to spit it out, “N-no!”  I tried not to blush; Sebastian bowed down and said…

                                                      “Good night, my Lady.”

He bowed down and left the room with the tray, I didn’t finish my milk and cookies, because I was already feeling sleepy. I lied down on my bed which Sebastian cleaned and hugged my pillow tightly. I want to see Ciel leave tomorrow.

The very next day…

          “Time to get up…” I said drowsily, when I looked at the window, it was already dawn. I ran outside my room wearing my nightdress that is too short, it wasn’t really that embarrassing last night when Sebastian came in my room, because my blanket was covering my legs. Is this bad that I am wearing my nightdress and running on the hallway? I probably look stupid. “What in the world are you wearing?!” Oh my… please, please… I hope it is not Ciel. I turned around and saw Ciel, standing and blushing, “Uhh… don’t look! I’ll go and change! Just stay here I’ll be fast!” I ran back to my room. I dressed myself up, braid my hair and when I was going to open the door, the door swung open and it hit my nose. I pinched my nose that was a pinkish and looked at the one who opened the door, “Ow…” “I’m sorry. I was just going to inform you that me and Sebastian will be leaving.”  Ciel apologized and held my hands, and looked at my pinkish nose to take a look of my nose. “I know that’s the reason why I ran outside only in my nightdress… and I wanted to ask permission to go out.” I wanted to go to the orphanage and take the 4 year olds to the circus.  I sniffed and looked at him. He wasn’t really answering so I waited for him to answer, “Ciel?” I repeated his name. “Oh, the Circus, look, it isn’t safe there, why not the park?” he suggested. I tilted my head and knew there’s a reason why the children can’t go there. “Children might not find the clowns very entertaining. The park is much safer…” well he does have a point there, “Alright. So can I?” I asked him again, repeating, just to make sure.  He gave a small nod and said, “Me and Sebastian will pick you up around 5, understood?” He really sounds like a parent; I guess he just cares for me. I smiled in agreement.