♛ Chapter 12

♛ Chapter 12

  The moon is way up in the sky and I am still asking myself, why am I still here in town at the time like this? Usually I would be in my bed, all nice and cozy. One star shined brightly so I followed it and it leads me to the bridge. I should be sleeping with Ciel right now; I told him my feelings last night. How strange of me to come here… there I saw a beautiful lady in white, silky dress. It is quite cold; I never knew that people would go to places like this. The girl looked down the bridge and I can see her cold breaths from the cool air. I slowly stepped forward the girl that caught her attention, it was Elizabeth Midford “Lavina, I am so glad that you came!” she said as she pulled my arm closer to her. She pointed at the star which I saw earlier, I looked up and closed my eyes. I can feel the chills going down my spine for some odd reason but I do not know what it is.  I opened one eye and took a glance at Elizabeth; she was wearing a grimace on her face. I do not like the looks on her face, it looked like that she was stung by a bee. Tears started forming on her eyes, “Lavina you are so lucky…” she wiped her tears while smiling in pain. I tilted my head and asked her with concern in my eyes, “What’s wrong, Elizabeth?” Oh my… could this be about Ciel and me? Am I a burden to Elizabeth and Ciel? “You finally have it! You got Ciel’s heart… now… I do not know what to do with my life. What’s my use here anyway? I am just making Ciel sad if I am here.” Her eyes were filled with despair, hopeless and pain; I want to tell her everything that what I am feeling is true… but I will make her sad. What have I done? I suddenly feel like hugging her but when I was about to comfort her, she stepped backwards, and the strangest thing is, the parapet was gone. Oh my gash if she keeps this up, she will fall on the thick ice! I didn’t mean it! Elizabeth don’t do this please, I’ll stay away from Ciel if I have to! I kept on shouting on my head not knowing what to do, I tried shouting up her name but I cannot shout. I, then saw teardrops falling down on the water, and then imagined Elizabeth falling on the ice that would probably break. What would Ciel say?! I ran to her and reached for her hands; I must catch her no matter what! I said to myself confidently. What have I done… she wouldn’t be doing this if it wasn’t for me. If I didn’t come in Ciel’s life none of this would have happen… this is my fault. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 steps more… she’ll fall down; a soft voice entered my ears and it was from Elizabeth, looking at her mouth, she seemed like whispering to herself. That only she can hear it but I can hear her voice. She raised both of her hands into the air and both of us were like in slow motion; I can’t reach her! She closed her eyes as tears went down her cheeks; a pleasing smile that was written on her face was formed. The moon shined down on her, ‘At least I saw Ciel smile before I die…’ she whispered and took a huge step backward; she fell down the bridge and everything seemed to be in fast forward and the volume was back to normal, I can hear my voice again. I shouted out loud, “Elizabeth!” I looked down, ‘Please take care of Ciel for me…. Good bye.’ The smile on her face did not fade away that easily; the ice broke and she went in the cold, freezing water, I felt the splash of the cold water. The droplet was on my cheek, it combined with my tears. I felt so wrong, why did I do this to her? I started screaming out while covering my ears. I never knew that I was hurting someone’s feelings can ruined everything…

~✧~

  “Lavina. Lavina!” Ciel shook my half-lifeless body but still alive; I was shivering and panting in pain, when I opened my eyes I saw Ciel holding both of my arms. I sighed in relief when I saw him… it was just a nightmare. He looked at me worriedly, “Lavina, are you alright? That gave me a fright… you were screaming out loud while sleeping.” I held my forehead and shook my head. It was a nightmare…? But everything seemed so realistic and I can’t stop thinking of her death. Not to mention, she could do that in real life. I chuckled in my thoughts… what am I saying? Like I said it was just a nightmare. I swallowed and looked at Ciel, “Do not worry about me. I’m okay… I had a silly nightmare, that’s all.” I sat down and slipped in my fluffy, warm slippers. Okay, Lavina it was just a dream, just snap in to reality and forget about it, alright? Ciel in the other hand, can’t stop worrying about me, “Lavina, are you sure you are alright? You seemed rather pale.” He sat up looking at my face. I didn’t notice that at all… I must be hungry, yes, I am. Sebastian came in the room like there’s no tomorrow, he was in a hurry, “Telephone call for Miss Lavina. He said that he wants to talk to you…” he went it carrying the tray, and 2 cups of earl grey tea, “well Young master… did you have fun last night?” Ciel glared at Sebastian and aggressively gritted his teeth, “Shut up, Sebastian.” I stood up and ran out the room. I held the handset and answered, “Hello? This is Lavina Herondale, to whom am I speaking to?” no one answered but I can hear the breathing so I repeated, “Hello?” I impatiently put the handset down and scurried in my room without anything in my mind. That was extraordinary, usually I get phone calls from James or the information about my Aunt’s house. I wonder what happened to my Aunt’s house… hopefully it’s in good shape. I do not want anything to happen to it. I changed my nightgown and wore my normal clothes on; hum… I am quite hungry. I wonder what Sebastian has prepared for me today.