♛ Chapter 2, The Bitter Earl

♛ Chapter 2,   The Bitter Earl

"Let me go!" I screamed out loudly, glaring at the black figure who has trapped me in this human sized bird cage for 3 days without food or water. I held the cold bars and started sobbing, and wailing.

My stomach is grumbling and I am getting skinnier. I begged for mercy but he was abusing me. He tortured me...

I tried to escape but he caught me...

~~

I opened my eyes and saw the white ceiling welcoming me, "It...was a d-dream?" My head suddenly hurts, an aching sensation comes within me. I sat down, straight and held my temple. Getting bad dreams like this is not really rare for me, I always have these kind of dreams, because of stress and work. There is no 'heaps-of-fun' for me, what I do believe I have is happiness, but I can't have it now, can't I?

'Just keep smiling, Lavina...just keep smiling.' I turned over my head while trying to avoid breathing through my nose. I sniffed a little and made a smile.

What I didn't notice was, I was trembling, sweating in fear. That man who almost killed me...gave me a bad dream.

I embraced my pillow and placed my forehead on it, "Calm down..." I started breathing slowly, getting deep breaths and then give a satisfying exhale.

A few seconds later someone knocked on the door with his or her knuckles. The door opened and what stands there is a girl; she looks like a maid. The lady has a full-square-fringe is enriched by sheer frill. Her cherry-red hair is tied in high pigtails and she possesses thick round eyeglasses.

She is wearing a cerulean dress with matching dark blue buttons, and white pinafore with ruffles all around the shoulders. She wears brown, knee-high boots, and black stockings,"M-Mister Sebastian said that you cannot talk very well today because of your condition, yes he said so! I'm really happy that they found you, yes I am." She nodded happily.

What happened to introduction? Well I guess it's O.K. since I am mute, not fully though.

She ran to me and looked at my face closely, she shoved her round glasses up, peering at my face very closely, "Finny is right! You are one pretty girl!"

Our faces gap are so close to each other you can even say, it's centimeters away.

M-me? Pretty? Why thank you. I smiled weirdly, "Thanks." I made a face and painted a little.

She returned a jolly smile.

"Let's get you in the tub! I-I have heated the water already! Young Master is waiting for you, yes he is!"

Young Master...

So I was right, that young man from last night is the master. But why take me in his place?

There are still remaining questions stuck in my head, waiting for the answers.

He let me stay here in his mansion, in spite I am a stranger to him. But he does look familiar...

"M-miss? Are you ready to take a bath?" The cherry red haired maid asked me.

I don't really have the urge to take a bath yet so happened I need to look proper in front of THE Young Master.

I made a tiny smile and nodded.

About 10 minutes later...

"Miss? Do you need my assistance scrubbing your back?" The maid asked out loudly behind the wooden door, she's outside the bathroom. She asked me about 6 times already.

I leaned back on the bathtub and exhaled heavily. I reached out for the bucket of warm water on the floor, to the right side. I slowly poured all the water from the top of my head and down to the rest of my body. I took my towel, dried myself up and wrapped the towel around my chest, tucked it at the side of my chest.