♛ Chapter 34, I Love You

“Lavina,” he called, gathering the girl's attention, “come here a little closer.”

The called girl raised one of her eyebrows in slight confusion, but leaned forward anyway. Her magestic magenta, calming eyes widened in surprise when she felt Ciel’s slim arms wrapped around her neck, hugging her awkwardly.

“Ciel. . .” Lavina startled, her arms found their way to the boy’s back and slightly caressed his, “what's wrong?”

“Nothing, I just want to hug you.” He muttered. She was suddenly extremely glad that he would show such affection towards her. She felt Ciel’s body vibrated slightly from laughing, which was followed by a more complete hug with his strong arms. Smiling sweetly to herself, she accepted the affectionate gesture.

“Lavina. . .” Ciel nuzzled into Lavina's neck, sniffing the girl's intoxicating scent, “I'll miss you.”

“Miss me?” Lavina asked, scoffing at the confession, “silly earl, you're acting weird again.” the hug tightened further.

The hug lasted for a good three minutes before Lavina pulled back. Ciel’s heart started to ache, one of his hands caressed the girl’s left cheek. He smiled sadly and looked into the girl’s lovely eyes. His heart felt like they were stabbed by thousands of pieces of broken glasses. He could feel his tears rolling down his cheek, he sniffed and smiled crookedly.

“Ciel? What's wrong?” Lavina repeated the question, looking into Ciel's blue orbs, “come on now, feel free to tell me.” the girl beamed a bright, cheerful smile.

Ciel felt his chest pained further; the tears that swirled inside his eyes escaped its cage easily.

“Lavina. . .” more tears rolling down his pale cheek, Ciel couldn’t hold back anymore, “Thank you for teaching me how to smile again.”

Lavina smiled sadly and lifted Ciel's chin. She placed her lips onto Ciel's trembling ones lovingly.

"Will you visit me?"

“Of course I will,” Lavina cooed, trying to comfort Ciel, “how can I not?”

Ciel nodded slowly and silently, the tears in his eyes didn’t stop falling out of his eyes.

“A-at least. . .” Ciel whispered gently. His hands caressed Lavina's face, “We'll see each other again. Right?”

She nodded, "Ciel. . . I want to do something before I leave."

"I think I know what you want. . ." He smiled warmly, taking her hand gladly, as Lavina puts her hand on his shoulder and he puts one hand on her waist. Letting the other two intertwine together.

"I love you, Ciel.”

"I love you too, Lavina."

Ciel kissed his lover again,relieved to hear the affectionate confession. They danced till the sun went down; the sky splashed with orange and pink, made it feel like they're in their little world.

“I love you, Lavina."

Lavina placed her head on his beating heart, the feeling of him alive made her smile. She was happy to see how he changed and looks like her job is. . .

Done.

The feeling of Lavina’s body in Ciel's embrace began to fade, her strong, soothing voice faltered away. The gentle sway of her golden brown hair was no longer visible, and the eyes that looked at Ciel with such affection turned into the calming breeze.

Lavina is gone.

Here lies Lavina Herondale, who died on June 26, 1889, aged 12 years. 

End.

[2/28/15]