Chapter 12 - Scene 1

❶❽❼ Lbs

November 22, 2016

The following evening, Vik and Shan had mysterious plans after our workout, which left me alone in the apartment.

The stress of having two roommates was creating a craving in me for something sweet. What Shaniqua and Vik didn't know was that I'd stuffed my frozen Franklin brownies into an empty ice tray and cleverly hid it under a second ice tray. It was perfect, as Shaniqua hated ice in her drinks, and Vik was too concerned about chipping a nail when it came to removing a cube.

Like a dog, I rested my chin on the dining table, staring obsessively at a single piece of brownie. Licking my lips, I examined its crusty edges and the elegant way light bounced off of the wavy frosted top.

I needed help.

Whipping out my cell phone, I contemplated texting Franklin, but since Christos's name showed up first on my contacts, I texted him instead.

SOS... brownie craving!

I started feeling nervous. Waiting for his response was making it worse. Thankfully I didn't have to wait long.

I am coming to get you.

As I sat there in my stained pajamas and ripped T-shirt with my greasy hair, it couldn't have been any clearer that I didn't want him or anyone to see my appearance.

Oh don't worry about me, I will be fine.

Thinking he would accept my response, I sat my phone back down and walked away, only to hear it vibrate the entire table seconds later.

Omw.

Realizing I had lost the battle, I tossed the brownie back into the freezer and raced to my bedroom. I didn't know what to do, so I called the only person I knew who could help.

"Hey, Shaniqua, are you free? I need to tell you something."

"Viola, is this about the bloody tampon you left in the bathroom sink this morning? Girl, that is nasty."

"Christos is on his way over here. What do I do?" I asked, running back and forth between the bedroom and bathroom.

"Wait, what? Why?"

"It started with a sugar craving, and the next thing I know he is on his way over here. I have no clean clothes, my hair smells like fish, and to top it off I forgot to record The Bachelorette!"

"Girl, you gotta calm down. Grab something to wear from my suitcase and just be yourself. You got this."

I sighed deeply. "You're right, I can do this. Worse comes to worst, I can hide in the bathroom and tell him I have kidney stones."

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join The Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/