Chapter 15 - Scene 1

❶❽❹ Lbs

November 25, 2016

On any typical morning the first thing I opened my eyes to was my potato clock, so you can imagine that I was stunned to wake up the next morning to Christos's eyes gazing into mine. Quickly covering up my face, I yelled, "Don't look at me! I look like crap!" I aggressively pulled the bedsheet over my face.

"Viola, you're beautiful," said Christos.

"You clearly didn't see the trail of drool going down my neck, and don't get me started on my morning breath. I've been told it's a cross between sewage and blue cheese."

He gently pulled the sheet off my face, leaned in and softly kissed my lips. "Like I said... you're beautiful."

After a few minutes of staring at each other, Christos sprung out of bed. "How 'bout some protein pancakes?"

I smiled. "That sounds lovely. I'll be right down." He bent down to kiss my forehead and ran out of the room full of energy and excitement.

I rolled onto my side and swiped my phone off the end table. "All right, time to catch up on some text messages," I said to myself. Among just over thirty text messages, there were several missed calls from Shaniqua. Suddenly I felt very nervous. It was that feeling you get when your intuition kicks in that something is really wrong and a lot of anxiety and stress is about to come your way.

Most of the messages were in regards to her wondering where I was as I hadn't told her I was staying with Christos's family. I was fairly calm until I started listening to my voicemail, where Shan was yelling so much I couldn't understand the message. All I could decipher was that it was something about Franklin, and then of course my phone died.

There was a knock at the door, followed by Zeta poking her head in. "Good morning, Viola. Umm, somebody is waiting for you downstairs."

"Really? That's odd. Nobody knows I'm here. I'll be right down Zeta." I tossed my phone aside and quickly got dressed, thinking that Christos had a romantic surprise waiting for me downstairs.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join The Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/