Chapter 15 - Scene 2

As I made my way towards the stairs I could smell the sweet aroma of pancakes in the air. I grabbed onto the railing, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath when all of a sudden I was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Franklin?" I said, tripping on the last step of the staircase. He was dressed in a suit and tie, holding a red box. Lina was standing next to him with her arms crossed against her chest, walking away the second I entered the room. "Franklin, what are you doing here? How did you know I was here?"

Franklin was breathing heavily, as if he just ran around the block. "First I called Shaniqua, and she said you were at your parents' house. I checked there and nobody was home, so I called your mom, and she gave me this address. Viola, I have to talk to you."

"This couldn't wait until I got back home? Or at least till I used the bathroom?"

Franklin shook his head. "Viola, it took me a long time to realize how special you are to me. I clearly took you for granted and I am here to make up for it."

Confused and hungry, I said, "Are you... are you saying you want to date me again?"

"No." Franklin dropped to one knee and opened up the lid to the red box, which revealed what looked like an engagement ring. "I want you to be my wife."

Stunned by Franklin's proposal, the last twenty-four hours suddenly vanished from my thoughts.

"Yes! Yes, I will be your wife!" I said, jumping into his arms.

Franklin removed the ring from the box and placed it on my finger. A lot of things felt muddled, but one thing was clear: I, Viola Ginamero, was getting married to the man I was destined to be with.

"Viola, how quickly can you get packed? If we leave now we can make it back to the city by lunch."

I was too distracted by the glare from the diamond to respond coherently. "Umm, okay, dinner. Yeah, let's do it."

"I'll wait in the car," Franklin said, walking out the door.

I closed the door as Franklin left. "Oh my God, I'm getting married... I'm getting married," I said to myself, turning around to see Christos holding two plates of pancakes.

In complete silence, we stared at each other from opposite ends of the room. I will never forget the look on his face—a cross between sorrow and humiliation.

I wanted to run up to him and tell him that his friendship meant a lot to me, that last night was incredible, that I was thankful to him for showing me how a lady should be treated and that his true love was out there, but I didn't do any of that. After a few seconds of silence, I slowly took a few steps back and walked up the stairs while maintaining full eye contact with Christos.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share :P

P.S. Please add this to your reading list ;)

and Join The Fitness Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361442074272412/