Chapter 41: Irene Rose

The morning was less eventful than a Bingo night in my pack, even though there was some excitement, nothing really ever happened and was really quiet, besides the occasional cheek kisses from Archer of course. Breakfast consisted of the usual oatmeal and orange juice, with my hand wrapped around Archer's we spent it in the mess hall talking about what's like in therapy or back in his pack. He was very proud to know I was doing well in learning my duties as a Luna and I was very proud to know he was doing very well in his therapy sessions.

     He seemed to hold my hand as if it was made of glass and I relished in the feeling of his warmth around my cold dainty ones. It felt comforting and really nice to have someone cherish you like they are going to lose you, granted he was by my side every second of the morning, but I liked him next to me. His brother seemed really happy that we were sorting things out and he enjoyed the fact that we were getting to know each other, he practically told us we should elope already. I blushed at the thought.

    An hour before I had to leave Archer and I was walking around the area enjoying each other's company and learning new things about each other. He liked to eat mangoes on special occasions as well as eating ice cream. His favourite food is his sister's homemade spaghetti and his least favourite food is cucumbers and tomatoes. His favourite past time is training and spending time with family as well as (and I blush), holding my hand.

  Every time I answered his questions he gave me a longing and loving look and gave cheeky kisses on the noses every time he found something amusing. My heart swelled at every kiss he gave me and I found it cute that he showed affection through kisses. Occasionally I would tiptoe to kiss him on the cheek and his cheeks would redden whilst he gave me a smile. I really liked this Archer.

  We sat in front of the lake, our hands intertwined as we just stared out into the lake. The area was calm and serene, the whole area just felt right and I really loved this pack, it reminded me too much of Alpha James. 

   "I'm really going to miss you, Irene," he told me whilst looking straight at me and I felt my heart race quicken and I beamed which earned a bright smile from him. 

  "I'm going to miss you too Archer," I smiled as I glanced down at our intertwined hands and I could feel myself feeling happier with redder cheeks. By the time I looked up Archer's face was mere inches away from mine, his breath smelled minty with hints of orange. His smell filled my nostrils and the world around had just stopped, as if time was just a mere factor in life. I forgot where we were and who we were, just our faces mere inches from each other had made my breath hitch and my heart rate run miles.

   I gave a breathy smile towards him and without any notice, his forehead had come in contact with mine and our breaths mingled together, finally, his hands were brought up to come in contact with my cheeks and held them there, his touch making me feel electrified and caused goosebumps to rise on my arms. My eyes glanced at his lips, they looked soft and so damn kissable, they were no chapped and they looked so welcoming. By this time I knew he was staring at my own and I made the bravest move and brought my face closer so my lips barely skimmed his own.

   Then a pair of warm lips met my own.

  My whole body felt light on fire, my skin tingled and my brain turned into mush. I didn't believe that kisses could feel so nice, but it did. Archer's lips were soft and inviting, they moved on my own and as he guided me through this amazing feat of adoration and care. The kiss was slow and he worshipped my lips as if he was afraid that he was never going to taste them ever again. His hands skimmed the skin of my cheeks, holding my face there whilst his lips caressed my own.

   His tongue occasionally swiped against my own making my toes curl in such a pleasurable way. I brought my body closer to his, so my chest came in touch with his and I shivered at the new found pressure. I smiled the whole way, loving the feel of his lips on mine and I knew he was smiling too. We didn't dare go further than the occasional swipe of tongue skimming against my bottom lip, I don't think I was ready to go that far, I was still inexperienced and I would embarrass myself if we went further.

  Seconds ticked into minutes and after three amazingly good minutes, he unwillingly broke the kiss and I instantly missed the feel of them. I pouted slightly, only for him to give me a subtle kiss on the forehead, which sufficed for now. 

   "That was-" I started off, only to cut off by Archer.

 "Freaking amazing," he smiled brightly before diving into peck my lips. I blushed red and shuffled away from him and looked down at my feet. 

  "Hey, hey, don't look away princess, that was the best kiss I've ever had." he complimented and I blushed again as I felt him grasp my chin to make me look straight into his eyes which I knew that even though he couldn't see me, he knew how I was feeling.

   "Yeah..." I said stupidly and I cursed at myself for saying something so stupid.

   "Well princess, as much as I'd love to stay with you. You have to go back to our pack," he told me and stood up, outstretching his hand for me to grab. I blushed at him saying 'our' pack, I mean he was still Alpha and I was not yet Luna. I went to grab his hand and he pulled me up from the seat only to engulf me in his strong arms and linger there for a loving hug. 

   "I'll miss you," I said, inhaling his scent once more and I smiled as his arms tightened around my waist and I felt him visibly inhale my smell.

  "I'll miss you too princess," he responded.

A.N Cute filler chapter my babes.

N Cute filler chapter my babes