My son

There was fire surrounding him, smoke filled the vehicle and a small whimper left his lips "momma?" He called out with tear filled eyes but he got no answer. Loud cries left his mouth and he screamed and thrashed around in the seat trying to get free.

A passer by stopped and got out running toward the car hearing a child screaming. She grabbed a rock and smashed the window of the vehicle and she popped the lock forcing the door open. "Hey shh.. it's okay sweetie come on I got you." She tried to say in a calm voice. The smell surrounding the vehicle was horrid but she had to get the boy out before the car exploded.

The small boy looked at her panicked and about to pass out from smoke inhalation. She unbuckled him and grabbed his backpack before bolting away with him from the car just in time as the car exploded behind her. She held him tightly to her chest as she ducked behind her own car, sirens howling in the distance as her daughter in the car had called 911.

The delirious little one looked up at her as he coughed and she rocked him while lightly rubbing his back. "What's your name sweetie?" She cooed trying to calm him but it was no use, he passed out in her arms. She pulled his backpack closer and opened it up pulling out a coat inside and the name 'Henry' was written inside and she looked down at the little boy in her arms. He was no older than 3 years old at the most.

The ambulance arrived and she readily handed him over where they applied oxygen to him and rushed him off to the hospital. Both of his parents died upon impact.
___________________________________

It had been an amazing few months since that day in the classroom. Regina had moved into Emma's house since she was never home and everything was going amazing. Regina felt utterly complete with Emma in her life, as did Emma with Regina. The morning started out like any other really, the blonde was dead asleep with the brunette curled into her side, her head tucked safely beneath Emma's chin, with Emma's arm securely around her.

It was around 9 am, that Saturday morning, when the doorbell rang. Emma's eyes cracked open glancing at the clock and she sighed. She pressed a kiss to Regina's head and yawned "stay here baby, I'll be right back." She whispered before slipping out of bed. Regina groaned and turned over going back to sleep.

Emma slipped her sweats and tank top on and headed down to get the door. She ran her fingers through her long blonde hair detangling it as best as possible before pulling the door open, where a woman dressed in a very nice pants suit set stood. Emma frowned in confusion "Are you Emma Swan?" She asked in a calm voice and Emma shuffled a bit "yes.. who are you?" She asked confused

The woman held her hand out to Emma "My name is Stephanie Price, May I come in? We have something very important to discuss." She said and Emma narrowed her eyes. "Regarding?" She asked not moving, "regarding the death of your sons adopted parents." She said simply.

Emma's jaw fell open, her eyes bugged out, and she felt like she was going to pass out "What? Is Henry okay?" She asked rushed and she pulled the door open more. Stephanie nodded, "Henry was saved by a passerby but we need to talk.." she trailed off and Emma nodded "come in... would you like some coffee?" She asked leading the way into the kitchen, her hands shaking as she did so.

"I'm fine thank you." She said and once in the kitchen Emma motioned for her to take a seat and she turned on her Keurig to warm up before turning back to the woman. "What happened to his parents?" She asked slowly as she leant against the counter. "They were on their way back home when the car lost control due to a tire shredding. The car flipped and caught fire, the parents were killed upon impact but Henry was safe... a woman and her daughter stopped, her name is Stacey Hayes, he pulled Henry out before the car exploded."