Our prince

Cora jumped, consequently hitting her head against the cupboard she had been reorganizing, as a loud doorbell echoed through her empty manor. The older brunette hissed as she stood up and walked to the door holding her head that was not slightly throbbing. "Yes?" She snapped as she yanked the door open but she immediately softened seeing her daughter there. She looked her over and frowned seeing her only wearing a robe, the scene somewhat haunting from the last time her daughter showed up on her doorstep, clad in lingerie and a long coat.

"Bloody hell.. do you ever wear clothes?" She sighed and moved over so her daughter could enter the house. Regina entered the house holding the robe tightly around herself. "Come on." Cora sighed and led Regina up to her bedroom where she gave her a pair of clothes to put on.

Regina dressed and while she did Cora got them some tea sensing her daughter's distress. The older brunette re entered her bedroom with the tray and found Regina sitting on the bed staring blankly at the comforter, seemingly lost in thought. "What happened darling?" Cora asked as she sat on the bed next to Regina. The younger brunette took her cup of tea and ran her finger around the warm rim.

"A few years back I found out that it would be nearly impossible for me to have a child." She said quietly. "I tried multiple treatments and procedures to conceive a child but none held through. I was pregnant for about a month when I miscarried the only child I ever conceived." She paused and took a deep breath. "Emma's parents gave her up sometime after we left, when she came out as gay. She was put into the system where terrible things happened to her... she had a child when she was 18 years old, homeless.. and she had no one when she had a little boy she named Henry." She whispered and looked at her mom.

Coras eyes widened hearing all this, but her eyes teared up hearing the name. "She named him after your father?" She asked in an emotion filled voice and she nodded. "She did... she also gave Henry up vfor adoption at birth because she had no way of raising him." She said and Cora chewed the inside of her cheek in thought. "So you're upset that she has a child out there somewhere?" Cora asked slowly and Regina shook her head.

"No.. not long ago Henry's adoptive parents got into an accident and they were killed..." she spoke so quietly. "I woke up this morning to find a brown haired, green eyed, adorable little boy sitting at the kitchen table with Emma." She whispered and Cora gasped softly. "Emma had put in the papers that if anything were to happen to his parents she wanted him back and now she has that chance." A tear fell down Regina's cheek.

"Did she say she didn't want you now that he was back?" Cora asked still not understanding. Regina looked at her incredulously. "No mother... she said she wants us to be a family.. she wants Henry to be our son..." she whispered and Cora frowned utterly at a loss. "And.. so why are you here?" She asked sipping her tea.

Regina shook her head and opened and closed her mouth a few times trying to think of an excuse but she knew what it was.. it was fear, total and complete fear. Cora made a disapproving face and her daughter.

"You mean to tell me... you ran out on the woman that loves you more than life itself, the woman who literally threw your ex out of your life, the woman who would give up anything to see you happy... and a child that needs a parent... a child that you could love, a child that could be yours and Emma's because...?" She trailed off "what you're scared?" She asked and rolled her eyes.

Regina was lost in thought, another tear falling, "I always wanted a child mother but/" Cora cut her off. "But nothing.. you have a chance at having a child right now Regina, and you just left him in the dust." Regina felt the flood gate break and a small sob left her.
_______________________________

Emma looked around the room in complete and total shock. "Regina... how? What..." she trailed off completely stunned. "How on earth did you do all this in one day?" She asked. Regina opened her mouth to answer but a voice from behind Emma cut her off. "Anything is possible when money is involved darling." The voice of none other than Cora Mills rang through the room.

Emma's body stiffened and she slowly turned to face the woman she hadn't seen since she was just a teenager. Her hair was just above her breasts, her cheeks a bit rosier than they use to be, as well as a pair of eyes that were a dead ringer for Regina's. Eyes that use to be so hard, and icy, but we're now softer somehow.. still firm, but softer. "Hello Ms. Mills." She said nervously and the little boy sleepily looked up at her.

Coras eyes shifted over Emma's frame before moving to the little boy. A bright smile fell over her face and she took a step forward. "There's my grandson". She cooed and Henry hid in Emma's neck shyly. Emma looked between Cora and Regina before looking down at Henry. She shot Cora a nervous look, the woman had never been very nice to Emma at all, but she was Regina's mom, the only chance Henry would have at having a grandparent. "Henry... can you say hi to grandma?" She cooed and he looked back at her. He had never had a grandmother and he wasn't sure about her.

"Hi." He said timidly and Cora looked at him with already adorning eyes. She stepped closer to them and slowly tickled his side. "Do you like slides Henry?" She asked him and he squirmed and bit a nodded with a slow smile. "Why don't we check out your new room while mommies talk?" She asked holding her arms out for him. He looked at Emma and Emma turned to look at Regina who nodded slowly. Emma hesitated before nodding at him. "It's okay buddy.. I'll be right back, I promise." She ruffled his hair and he nodded moving into Cora's arms.

Regina walked down to meet Emma and she took her hand leading her down to their room. Once inside she turned to Emma who was hurt and at a loss. "Regina wha/" but Regina cut her off "no please.. let me explain.. and if you still are upset with me I give you full permission to yell and scream at me." She said and Emma nodded and went to sit on the bed and Regina followed.

"I tried for years to get pregnant Emma... I had so many tests run, so many procedures, medications, treatments.. that I pretty much lived at the doctor's office for a year and a half... out of all the procedures I had done which was around 10, none of them stuck. Except one... I was pregnant for a month when I lost my only chance at having a child and since then I had closed myself off to the idea. Losing a child or the worst experience you can ever have no matter how long you had them."

She paused and looked down at her hands and Emma slipped her hand into Regina's which the brunette was grateful for. She laced their fingers and kept talking, "when you said he could be out son I panicked, I remembered all the pain I felt loosing my baby, how hopeless I felt and because of that I ran." She looked up at Emma and bit her lip. 

"I ran straight to my mothers house and she threw everything at me and pulled my head out of ass." She looked ashamed. "I was stupid for leaving.. I was so stupid..and I can't apologize enough... you opened yourself up to me and I ran away because I was afraid of having a child. I don't want.. no.. I can't lose another child." She whispered.

Emma's heart ached for her, she understood but it still didn't help the fact that she ran. She sighed and rubbed her forehead and looked up at her. "I love you Regina.. I do, more than you can ever truly understand." She whispered and she cupped the older woman's cheek stroking it lovingly. "I understand why you left and if the situation was reversed I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing." She said and Regina's chuckled with no amusement. "No, you wouldn't.. you've proved that you aren't going anywhere." She pointed out and Emma gave her a small smile. "You're probably right.. but anyway.. I understand. It doesn't change the fact that I want you to be Henry's other mother, I need you Regina." She said softly.

Both women's eyes teared up and Regina nodded "and I need you.. I'm sorry I left. I.. I'm so stupid. I just hope the room makes up for it." She whispered and stood up taking her hand. Emma stood up with her and she pulled Regina into a loving, tight embrace. "You don't have to make up for anything baby." She whispered.  They pulled back and they met in the middle for a slow passion filled kiss. Their lips moving together in perfect synchronization and only parting when air was needed. "Come on.. i wanna show you what we did." She said and pulled Emma into the room.

There on the bed, was Cora and Henry, both fast asleep. Emma smiled at them and she gazed around the room. "Why a castle?" She asked Regina and Regina leant against the door frame next to Emma. "Because.. you are my savior, my knight in shining armor, you are MY queen... and he, he is our prince."