Unpacking

"Emma Swan, if you don't stop this behavior I am going to have to punish you!" her mother called out from the other side of her door. The young blonde was currently sobbing into her pillow. It's been a few weeks since Regina left and Emma was completely broken without her. Snow and David were at a loss. They couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with their kid and it was starting to get tiring.

Emma grabbed her photo album from next to her bed with the pictures of the two of them together and she cried silently. Her mother opened the door seeing Emma with that stupid album again, "okay Emma Swan, I've let this rebellious behavior slide to long. You tell me right now what on earth your problem is!" She crossed her arms and tapped her foot.

The small blonde looked up at her mother with broken arms "She's gone. I loved her and she's gone.." she cried quietly and Snow rolled her eyes, "just because your friend moved away doesn't mean you get to act this way Emma." And Emma stood from her bed, small hands clenched into fists. Snow looked at her incredulously. "I/loved/her mother. I'm sad because she left and took my heart with her."

Snows face turned to one of utter shock and disgust. "No daughter of MINE is a lesbian. You're confused!" she tried to play it off and Emma growled "I'm not confused. You're just a hateful bitch!" she snapped and Emma took her picture album and ran past Snow who stood there in complete shock.

Hours had past and Emma swan sat on top the castle at the park looking out over the water. Her small fingers subconsciously running over the initials carved into the roof

E. S. 4 R. M.

They had done this not long before Regina had left. Cuddled up on the roof under Emma's blanket watching the sunset after a long day of shenanigans. Emma was pulled of her reverie by the sound of someone calling her name "Miss. Swan?" A female voice called out. Her blonde head peeked over the edge curiously.

The woman has long blonde hair like herself but she was in her thirties. "Come down here. We need to talk" she said softly and Emma frowned, she had no idea who this woman was. "I'm good up here." she said and she sighed softly. Straightening her non existent wrinkles she climbed up onto the roof with her and handed her a paper.

Frowning Emma took it and looked at the woman with a small untrusting look. Opening the paper her entire world changed. Tears rolled down her pale cheeks and she looked up at the woman whose expression looked heartbroken. "I'm sorry Emma." she whispered.
__________________________________

It had been a few days since that night at the lake and Emma was making herself sick with nerves. She should have never told Regina that she would go to that horrid town with her. She vowed never to return, not after what happened. The blonde walked to her closet and pulled out her lock box and took out the paper from so long ago. Sitting on the bottom of her closet she opened it seeing her mother's writing scrawled over it and her heart dropped into her stomach.

'Emma,
This should come as no surprise to you, as you grew up with us and you know our stance on the homosexual lifestyle. Your stuff has been packed, the papers have been signed, and you are now a ward of the state. I do not want a lesbian in my family therefore we have washed our hands of you. Do not bother ever contacting us, as you are no longer our daughter.
Sincerely,
Snow, David, and soon to be baby Neal noland.'

Emma lip quivered and tears blurred her eyes. She couldn't go back there, but she had to.. for Regina. Discarding the paper back into the box and locking it Emma got up and grabbed her duffle bag and left her house. The black Mercedes in the driveway made her heart jump in her stomach and she blinked the tears away smiling at the woman that makes all the pain worthwhile.

Emma could never tell her about that letter. About her life, 'let's just hope that my ex family doesn't live there still' she thought before sliding into the passenger seat and they started the drive to storybrooke.
___________________________________

Hours later found Emma king passed out and Regina shaking her head at her blonde companion. Not bothering to wake her, Regina pulled into town and headed straight to her old manor and pulled up out front.  So many memories ran through her mind looking at it. Her family never sold this house, they kept it for a vacation home but after her dad died they never came back.

She sat there for a few moment staring at it before turning to Emma and placing a loving hand on the blonde cheek "Emma darling.. wake up." She said softly rubbing her cheek. Emma didn't budge and Regina rolled her eyes. She hit the horn and the blonde nearly launched through the windshield. Regina covered her mouth trying to suppress a giggle and Emma glared at her. "Oh no." Regina said between giggles. "I tried the soft way of waking you!" she said getting out of the car and popping the trunk to gather their things.

The tired blonde rubbed her eyes and looked around finally realizing where they were and her panic set in. Her breathing a bit off. 'We're here already?' She looked around trying to calm down and she forced herself out of the car to help Regina. Noticing something was definitely off with Emma, Regina reached over to take her hand "Em? You okay?" She asked and she nodded "yes! Just a crap."

Regina let it go for now and she looked back at the house. "I haven't been here since we were kids" she said quietly and Emma looked up at the house she use to scale all the time with slight amusement.

With a shake of her head the brunette led them to the door and she unlocked it pushing the door open and both girls were flooded with memories. Regina's eyes teared up remembering coming home everyday to her daddy's waiting arms, how he smelt of cigars and firewood from being in his office.

She set the bags down inside the door and went to explore the house, pulling the sheet off the furniture and looking over all the photo albums. There were still cleaners that came twice a week so the place wasn't dusty. Regina came back and took Emma's hand and Emma felt herself relax slightly "let's go put out stuff in our room."

To say Emma was shocked by that statement would be an understatement. She thought for sure they'd be sleeping in different rooms but she wasn't gonna say anything. Regina let go of Emma's hand and led them up to her old room which was rather large, a giant comfortable bed, dressers and a walk in closet along with a giant screen tv and a makeup mirror.

Regina set the bags down and Emma did as well and they both put their stuff in separate dressers and Regina opted to hang most of hers. Emma shook her head looking over the array of dresses and smirked "at least I'll have a good view while we are here." She teased and Regina cocked a perfectly shaped brow at her.

"Miss Swan that is highly inappropriate, I'm your teacher" she mocked anger and Emma scoffed a laugh and wiggled her brows "I know.. gonna punish me?" She asked stepping into the closet with her and Regina turned to eye her "yes.. detention for a week.." she giggled and Emma gave her a cocky smile "it's college babe.. there is do detention."

Regina didn't let that phase her, the brunette stepped up close to Emma and ran her finger from Emma's collar bone down, between her breasts and stopping at her ribs. She leant in close to the blonde's lips so they barely brushed and Emma's eyes fluttered "then tonight.. you can sleep on the floor." She whispered and pushed Emma away before smiling evilly and sauntering out of the bedroom.

Emma's jaw dropped and she bolted after here. "Regina wait! Let's talk about this!..."