I wanna know you

"Don't run away!" The small blonde giggled as she chased Regina around the kitchen with a can of whipped cream. Regina laughed "Stay away Swan" she warns but she accidentally backed herself into a corner and her eyes widened. Emma though, her face turned into a predatory smirk "gotcha" she whispered and she lifted the whipped cream can and she put a big glob on Regina's nose and the brunette groaned. "You're lucky you're cute" she poked Emma and the young blonde smirked "I know" she winked. Honestly it took everything in Emma not to kiss her. She looked at full lips and into brown eyes. Regina bit her lip and was about to lean forward when the door opened. "Emma we're home" and she sighed.
_________________________________

"Emma?"

Regina's voice was scared. She didn't know what to expect

"Regina.. I'm okay beautiful.. I'm sorry I was unconscious, are you okay? I swear to god if she hurt you..." Emma sat up in her hospital bed and was glancing around the room trying to see what time it was.
"I'm okay em.. are you okay? I was so worried, what the hell happened? The news said you got shot" Regina was currently slipping on her slippers and she grabbed a fluffy blankets and slipped out into her balcony and sat on the porch swing she had recently gotten.

Emma shook her head "one bullet hit my vest and the other Grazed my shoulder. I have stitches and a few bruises but I'll live.. please tell me the truth. I heard her Regina, did she hurt you?" The brunette let out a sigh and wrapped the blankets around herself "nothing worse than the bruise you saw before" she whispered and Emma's jaw locked. "Regina.. why.. why are you staying there, I don't understand" Emma was desperately trying to grasp the reason that Regina stayed.

The older woman sighed and set her gaze out over the city and she closed her eyes. She wanted more than anything to be with Emma right now. "It's complicated" she whispered and she wiped a lone tear off her cheek "what're you doing?" Emma whispered. She could tell from her time and the sound of her breath that she was upset. "Nothing. Talking to you obviously" Regina tried to be snarky but it didn't really come out that way.

"Sounds like heaps of fun" she teased just trying to cheer the woman up, she leaned back on the bed and groaned quietly a bit sore. "Oh yes, you should try it sometime" she joked back lightly and Emma smirked "sit outside and talk to myself on the phone? Somehow I don't think that's possible beautiful" she chuckled softly.

"Oh it definitely would be possible.. people would just think you're insane" there we go, there's the snarky girl Emma knew. The brunette shook her head with a small smile. "That's true.. but I'd much rather be talking to you" the blonde said and bit her lower lip softly. Regina couldn't help but smile. She glanced at the time and sighed softly "you should probably be resting em.. you've had a bad day"

Emma closed her eyes and just let them rest "I can't sleep, but if you're tired you can go to bed" she didn't wanna get off the phone but she would understand. Regina smiled at how caring Emma was "I'm not tired. Just worried about you" she said jumping lightly every time she heard a noise, scared Mal would find her out here. She gasped a bit and Emma frowned, she could tell something was up "Gina.. are you sitting outside talking to me because of her?" She asked softly.

The brunette bit her lip, calming down as she stared into the living room through the glass window. God Regina stop being such a whimp.. "No.. I like the view" she lied. Well.. it was all a lie, she really did like the view. Looking out her eyes landed on a cellphone tower near the hospital. "Can you see the tower from your room?" She asked changing the subject.

"You're such a bad liar baby girl, and yes, I can" Emma said as she stared out the window. Regina gave a slight smile at the nickname "I'm older" she reminded and she set her gaze upon the stars, finding all the constellations from their childhood days. "Can you see the little frog?" She asked and Emma shook her head "Age means nothing to me, so I'll call you baby girl if you want to" Emma points out in a teasing manner and she walked toward the window.