Chapter Ten : The Serpent's Empress

NHEAN'S POV

I can't help but stare at the very familiar silhoutte of a man in front of the crowd. He stood up on the stage looking like a king and someone who is so powerful. Giving everyone a goosebumps with those cold and fierce aura.

He is indeed a superior to all.

Just by the looks of him, no doubt he govern this hellish school.

Nguni't I cannot believe my own eyes. The very same man whom I met was this school's very own chairman. I felt a sudden mixed of emotions inside my chest. A different kind of reactions which I cannot process so well. To be a bit exaggerated, I feel like losing some air to breathe.

            "He looks so familiar." Wika ni Ve habang nakatuon ang kaniyang mga tingin sa kaniya.

She might seen him somewhere too. I shaked my head and opt to ignore her and the idea of her meeting her somewhere before too. I focused my eyes on the man standing on the stage. His eyes says it all. He is not interested in this event at all— even a single interest is never shown.

             "Good day to each and everyone. What a lucky day for all of us here today to be with our dearest chairman on this very second. Finally, after three years, we got to see him face to face again." Everyone appluaded and hindi pa nga napigilan tumili ng iilang mga babae. "And I won't make this long. Let us hear our chairman on his welcome message. Sir, the stage is yours."

Naglakad siya papalapit sa puwesto ni Miss Sweet. Sa sandaling makalapit siya bahagyang yumuko si Miss Sweet at ang isa pa nitong kasama upang magbigay galang.

Everyone's eyes are on him. Amused and amazed by the presence of a man before them.

                "What a waste of time." He sound so irritated. Cold and yet firm voice silence the crowd. "This school has rules and rules must be followed. Remember my words until the remaining days of your life— no one could ever cross the limits." His facial expression remained cold and serious. Enough to scare the whole school.

Kung kanina puno ng kilig, ngayon no one dared to make a sound. Kahit sa paghinga sinusubukang i-mute. In just a split second, everyone seems to be facing the king of death.

               "He is a dangerous prince!" Taylor blurted out fearly.

Trusting too much can kill you! I remembered Red's words. He is right. And this man, right in front of everyone, is the person who could be the end of me. Goodness, Nhean! How could I trust someone that easily? I nearly forgot I am in Shimmara Academy. 

"Bitawan niyo ako! Bitawan nyo ako! Maawa ka yo!"

Nabaling ang atensyon ko sa lalaking hawak-hawak nang dalawang lalaki na naka suit din. Yung lalaking sumisigaw ay umiiyak at sigaw nang sigaw habang nakaposas ang kamay nya sa likod.

He was mercilessly dragged with his hands tied in the midst of the crowd. The place was so quiet that his tiny little sobs echoed the whole place.

I clenched my fist out of frustration. This is out of hand. How can this man do this? I thought he is a good guy!

Suddenly, I felt someone touched my hand underneath the table. I turned to Red and saw his warning look.

           "Don't do such stupid thing, Nhean!" He uttered.

           "Pero-"

           "Ilalagay mo lang ang sarili mo sa kapamahamakan. There is a right time to everything. Stay still."