"Yeah," and Taehyung was going to let the conversation end there, "but--"

"'But'?" you raised a brow. "There's a 'but'?"

"It's not just them. When we're together, people only think that we're dating. Remember that day at the park? I don't know if you realized it or not, but before we left, people were talking and they thought we went together."

'He heard them?!'

"If people we know, and don't know, are thinking like that, then don't you think there's something weird between us?"

"'Weird'?" You question him, urging him to elaborate. "What do you mean 'weird'? I treat you just like the rest, if not then like Jungkook."

"Really? Then why is that you and Jungkook never seem to be mistaken for a couple?"

"Well, maybe it's because people know that we're best friends."

"Okay, but what about the people who don't know? Have you heard them saying anything?"

"No..." you got quiet.

"Then you can't say you treat me like Jungkook. Something's different."

"You know what's weird? The fact that that you're thinking so much about this. It really doesn't seem like the kind of problem you'd usually be worrying about."

Taehyung sighed, "I know, I just--Ever since those idiots started putting those thoughts in my head, I've been going crazy thinking about it."

"Then the answer is simple, isn't it? Just don't think about it."

"No, Jiyeong, it isn't that simple." Lately, I've been thinking about how pretty your eyes and smile are, and it's got me seriously questioning if I've got--" Wait. Did he actually just spill his guts? And so effortlessly? Taehyung slowly brought his hands up to shield his face. 'Kim Taehyung you dumbass!'

Your grip around your fork was no longer. "Taehyung sunbae..." This really wasn't at all either like the jerk you met or the sunbae you had become so close with. "I...um...

"You didn't hear any of that, understand?" he said.

"Wh--what exactly are you questioning here?"

"Ahhh, don't worry about it!" he raised his tone.

You couldn't help but lean in. "Do you really think my eyes and smile are pretty?" The warmth on your cheeks started to rise.

"Jiyeong, I'm begging you to stop talking..."