Chapter twenty-two

"I do not desire mediocre love. I want to drown in someone."
~~~~~~~~

Laura walked around her clinic that consisted of two main rooms, a small but cozy waiting room, and a bigger one in which she'll have her appointments. Admiring her hard work, she showed Clara how she decorated the waiting room to make the patients feel as comfortable as possible before going into their therapy session. Different magazines were splashed on a small glass table, to satisfy all tastes, put next to a set of chairs, with two flower vases set in opposite corners of the room to embellish the beige walls. And she didn't forget the sound system that will play relaxing music to spread a good mood in the clinic.

"You did a great job Laura! I can't believe you pulled this off without any help." Clara admitted, amazed by the refinement of the renovation.

"Well, Marc had to fly back to Paris, and my best friend was a bit busy this past month," she paused, giving her a teasing look, "so i had to manage."

Clara coughed uncomfortably, as she walked back inside the main room, relaxing on the big light blue couch. "Seriously now, this couch is hypnotizing. I can spend my whole life on it."

"I'll buy you the same one as a wedding gift."

"Wedd-" she almost choked on her own saliva, "wedding?"

"I'm messing with you," Laura laughed knowing that she got to her best friend, "at the speed you're going with Neymar, you'll be marrying in 50 years."

Clara was right that night, it wasn't the last conversation they'll have. And Neymar was right as well, it was definitely the start of something. It's been almost a month and a half that he's trying to show her how serious he is about her, but she's spinning his head upside down, making him go left and right to earn her trust. She didn't want to rush into it so fast and end up broken; it wasn't a price she was willing to pay for love.

"I mean, i know he's trying, but i still need time."

Laura nodded, sitting on the single couch opposite to her best friend, "he's really going out of his ways for you. You know that he texts me asking about you every time he calls you and you don't answer?"

"He does that?" She asked, shocked obviously. She never imagined she'd have so much effect on him.

"Yeah. You're driving him crazy, it's actually funny to see him running after a girl for once."

"Yeah well, he'll run a lot i'm afraid."

"Just don't push him too hard, he's really a great guy, that just had a nasty habit of messing around. Despite his reputation, in the month i spent with him, i realized that he was the way he was just because he had never met the right one." Explained Laura, trying to get her friend to give both herself and Ney a chance. She knew for a fact that if he wasn't serious about Clara, he wouldn't do an ounce of the things he's doing now. And she just wanted her friend to be happy. At least this way, one of them would be.

"And you think i'm the right girl?"

"All i know is that ever since that night, he's been single, focusing on just one special lady."

There was a moment of silence that followed these last words, before Clara decided to resume the talk.

"Uhm.." She hesitated under her breath, biting slightly her fingernails.

"What?"

"I want to ask you something i never had the chance to, but please don't take it the wrong way. I'm just curious."

"Come on, you're my favorite person. Shoot."

"Did you, i mean, you and Ney, did you kiss or something?"