Chapter eleven

"What's happening here?" Neymar scolded as he approached us.

"Let us all come inside and talk about this, i think it's time." Leo replied calmly.

"Yeah. Talk. Let's talk. I can't wait to hear what you have to say." He chuckled sarcastically.

I didn't realize how sweaty my hands have become until i moved away from Leo's arms. My heartbeats started deafening me as we sat on the couch.

The living room turned into a court, and i was waiting for my trial.

"So? Who's going to explain to me first?" Neymar asked, his tone a little less harsh now, but just enough to sting.

"There isn't much to explain." Leo replied.

I knew it was as hard on him as it was on me. He was his best friend.

"Aha. Cool. I see. And you?" He said, turning to face me.

I couldn't look him in the eyes after what i've done. I just wished to magically disappear from here.

"I.. i don't know what to say.." i spluttered.

"You don't know what to say? This is all i get? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY?" He snapped, pouring all of his anger on me.

He got up and approached me, resulting in all of us standing up, as Leo blocked his way.

"You. Back off. Now." Leo warned him, as he was standing between us now, with his hand stopping Neymar from coming forward.

"This is between me and my GIRLFRIEND. And last time i checked, you had nothing much to explain. So you back off."

His eyes were like daggers, fixing him and then back to me.

"Not an option." His tone was of a threatening calm. I never saw him angry before, this was a new face. And this cold calm was scarier than any shouting.

"You're hiding behind him now? I had high expectations of you Laura. Didn't think you'd turn out to be like this." Neymar spat.

"Hey. Look at me. If you want to unleash your anger on someone let it be me. Leave her out of this. It's my fault." I could tell he was slowly losing his calm.

"No. She is the one running around behind my back. And i need, to fix it, with her!" He started moving trying to reach for my hand to pull me closer to him.

"I told you to back off! Do not touch her!" Leo finally shouted, stopping his hand from reaching me.

"Why are you even protecting her?!" Neymar yelled back. "Just move away Lionel!"

"No."

"Tell me what's happening here?! He poked his chest irritatingly to push him to talk. "What's this about, huh?!"

"I love her!" His voice echoed in all the house. Then he paused, lowering his voice, he repeated, "i love her, that's what everything is about."

Oh my god. My heart just bursted into million pieces. I made sure to mentally record it in my mind to keep playing it again and again. This was too good to be true.

"Oh well, this took you a while." Neymar said with a careless tone, all the anger wiped away from his face.

He moved away from us and sat back on the couch comfortably. "Phew, this was tiring." He chuckled to himself, looking at our baffled faces.

"What?" I let out, not understanding what's happening. To be fair, after that confession, I wasn't in the right mind to understand anything.

"It's over. You can go back to your Shakespeare play, but this time try to be a better Romeo, kay Leo?" He smirked.