Chapter twelve

Leo's POV

"When did you wake up?" I said tiredly, a yawn escaping my lips, noticing that she was gazing at me, fully awake.

"An hour ago, i think." She smiled, looking at me with shiny eyes.

"What's that look?" I caressed her cheek with my thumb. "And why didn't you wake me up, angel?"

How can someone look so beautiful just after waking up?

"I, i just wanted to stare at you sleeping peacefully.." she blushed, hiding from my eyes. "And, what look?"

We were both on our sides, facing each other; so i lifted her chin up so she could look at me again.

"This look. I haven't seen it before."

"I'm just, happy." She spoke in a soft voice, the corners of her eyes smiling at me.

Happy. This is everything i wanted; to make her happy.

"Come here." I whispered, holding her in my arms, before kissing her.

She rested her head on my chest, enjoying the sound of my heart, while i held her tightly in my arms.

I never gave love such an importance in my life. I wasn't the one to chase after girls, or have the need to experience love. Sure i've had few relationships before Antonella, but none of them lasted long, which didn't bother me. I always thought i wasn't made for it. As if some people are born with this capacity of feeling it, while others just don't. And then, after Antonella gave birth to Thiago, i found my first love; my son. I thought it'd be enough to make us the happy family we pretended to be, or maybe even enough to fall in love ourselves; why not?

And now i know exactly why not.

I learned that love cannot be forced, nor searched for. The truest and purest kinds of love are the unexpected ones; the ones that sweep you off of your feet. The love i had for Antonella made her become a part of my life. While on the other hand, Laura became a part of me.

It felt crazy to have all these emotions for one person and in a short time. But i learned that love is crazy too.

I gazed at the beauty that fell asleep on my chest, while i was stroking her hair. My emotions for her were growing at the speed of light. And to think that only few months ago this was the least of my concerns.

I lied still, giving her the time to wake up again on her own, while i was reflecting on the near future.

Thiago, Mateo, the press, the team. A lot is going to change when the separation will be official. And now there's Laura too. A shitload of rumors will be spread, and i don't want her to be in the middle of it.

I promised her to take care of her.

"Leo.." her sleepy voice bursted my bubble.

"Yes angel, i'm here." I spoke softly while rubbing her back.

"You have no idea for how long i've wanted to just feel you breathing, and hear your heartbeats so close to me."

How intense is this love? How much could you love someone for it to be considered enough?

I leaned in a little closer, letting our lips merge to one another. I clasped my hands on either sides of her face, while our lips spoke in their proper language. Our senses communicated between the heat of this touch, that was at once comforting and thrilling.

It wasn't about how good the kiss was, it was that with every kiss she managed to empty the air from my lungs. And crazily enough, i've never breathed this well until i kissed her. She became the air in my lungs.