Chapter seven

"Oh ow. Our pretty boy brought his girlfriend with him today. More reasons for him to mess around." Luis smirked, waving his hand at Neymar and Laura walking hand in hand to the pitch.

I froze in my place as they were approaching us. God, it felt like i haven't seen her in years.

Ripped jeans, a white tshirt and a converse to match, she topped anything she wore. And as much as i liked her in dresses, i loved her more all natural. She simply wasn't like anyone else. Just, always natural, enchanting.

"Eyyy my boys. I got you a surprise today." He said cheerfully before meeting our eyes.

"So, what brings the princess here?" Luis asked.

"Well, actually.." Neymar started speaking before i cut him.

"She can speak for herself." I fixed him for a second then glanced back at her. "So Laura, what brings you here?"

"Uhm, i always wanted to, uhm, visit the team at training but i never got the chance. That's all." She let out the words fast, shortly after breaking the brief eye contact with me.

"I know he's the GREAT Lionel Messi princess, but you lived with him in the same house. One would think you'd eventually get used to him." He looked at her pale face, then approached her hand to his lips and kissed it.

"And you, stop intimidating my princess." He chuckled jokingly.

But i wasn't laughing. If i hear him call her his princess one more time i swear- Leo, no, go back. Calm down. Long breaths. Yes, yes. Perfect.

"Ooooh, look who's here." I heard Sergi Roberto's voice from afar.

He jogged his way to us, looking very happy at the sight of Laura.

What even?

"Hello my lady" he said, kissing her hand.

What was she? A guy magnet? Why can't they keep their shit together around her, for god's sake!

*smack*

"Ouchhh what was that for?!?!" Sergi's loud shriek was heard.

"That's for touching my girl. MY girl, not YOUR girl, do you understand kid?" Neymar warned him with a raised finger.

She. Is. Not. Your. Girl.

"Kid?! I'm 2 DAYS younger than you, JUNIOR. Besides, i'm just being nice to this beauty." Sergi winked at him teasingly.

"Ok. That's it, i'm getting you. RUN!"

I shook my head at the childishness displayed in front of me as i saw both men, i mean kids, roll on the floor giving playful fists to one another.

A melodic laugh coming from next to me echoed in my ears, sending chills down my spine. I missed her, i missed everything about her, especially that laugh that i used to hear every time she played with the kids.

"Are they always like this?" She asked, wiping her laughing tears from her soft cheeks.

I only managed to nod.

She looked straight into my eyes for few seconds, like she wanted to see something in particular.

I'm stupid, and stubborn, and selfish, and impulsive, and i did you wrong. Can you see that in my eyes? I guess not..

She turned her attention to Neymar walking over to us.

"Captain Neymar here, sir. I won the battle for you, sir." He joked, adopting a soldier posture.

She giggled as he lifted her up all bridal style and took her to the bench so we could start our training.

Ugh. Just him breathing around her was suffocating me. Let alone all his cheesy acts.

Breathe Leo, breathe. He's your friend.

"Hey man, don't embarrass me in front of her okay. No dribbles, NO NUTMEGS. Please, please." He whispered to me.

Oh well, seeing the different murderous ways crossing my mind as he was speaking, that boy was in trouble. But he was still my friend, and i'm still the good guy, so that will be POSTPONED thank you very much.

But i swear if he calls her princess again...
----------

All the tension fell down as we started training. Football was always the solution to everything for me. Well, until i heard him shout to her "my princess, you're doing well there?"

I found myself aiming the ball at my feet towards him. And i can tell you, it was nothing like a harmless pass.

Oops.

"Heyyyy!! For samba's sake Leooo watch out!" He shouted while rubbing his thigh. "The goal is over there man!"

"I'm sorry!" I shouted back at him. I shook my head at what i've done. This girl is turning me into a monster..

An hour later, the training ended. We all made our way to the bench to grab our towels and drinks.

"Hey baby, could you help me out with the frozen ice bag?"

Baby... and i thought it couldn't get any worse than this.

She held the icing pack in place as he rested his hand on hers.

That moment took me back to when i was injured and she did the same for me. I still remember how she was struggling to breathe under my touch. How she looked so nervous, yet i knew a part of her felt peace.

I looked back at her movements now, at her eyes, at her chest rising and falling. She was breathing normally. She didn't look nervous. She wasn't so weak to his touch.

That's supposed to be a good sign right? RIGHT?

You're yelling at yourself Leo, IN YOUR HEAD. You have to talk to the girl before you completely lose it, i'm telling you..

But, what if she doesn't love me anymore..

LEO! You're still talking to yourself. Get out of your mind. Now. NOW!
-------------

I finished my shower first and jogged my way back to where she was sitting. Everyone else was in the dressing room getting ready or just messing around.

"Can i sit?" I said, smiling at her.

"Uhm, yeah i guess."

She started picking at the flesh around her fingers as soon as i sat next to her. This was the closest we've been since a long time..

"How are you? Are you happy?"

Is it selfish if i hoped that she wasn't happy with him?

"I'm fine."

"But, are you-"

She cut me off abruptly, "I'm fine Leo."

"Look, Laura, i'm sorry for everything. I know i've hurt you constantly." And that's the least to say..

Her breathing was rising. She shook her head before lowering her eyes to the ground. "Why are you here? Why now? No more conspiracy theories?"

I noticed her voice cracking at the end of that sentence, and all i wanted to do was hold her. But i couldn't.

"Laura, i.."

"PRINCESS! I'm done. Let's go get your stuff for the weekend!" Neymar shouted from across the pitch, basically ruining everything.

"What weekend?" I asked, staring right into her hazel eyes.

"I'm, staying for the weekend at his place" she lowered her voice cautiously.

I had no time to process what she just said and reply before him arriving. I watched him take her to the car, as both silhouettes shrank by the distance.

I felt my heart sink to the ground beneath me.

A weekend. With him. In his house. No. No, no. I'm not letting him touch her.

I don't know what on earth am i going to do. But he's not taking what's mine.
_____________________________
Don't you just love jealous Leo?😍

What will he do? Will he finally confess and claim her?

Thank you all for reading, you're amazing. Enjoy your day!
-Y.A

A Condemned Lust [Lionel Messi]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें