Chapter fourteen

Disclaimer: a tiny tiny bit of a hot scene on the way. Enjoy xo
__________________

I sat on my bed thinking about the past days. We decided to tell Thiago the truth about us; and as expected, he didn't take it well. All the love he had for me turned into anger, and he refused to talk to me or see me ever since. It broke my heart to think that maybe he won't be able to forgive me for it. But deep down i knew that it was temporary, and that he was still trying to accommodate to all the change thrown on him. Thus, i decided to go back home for few days, until the tension dissipates.

I barely talked to Leo these days, because he was so busy with the training and the away matches, so i didn't want to bother him. But i missed him so much.

I closed my eyes trying to remember his smell, his touch; the way he kissed me, the way i swoon every time he called me angel. I was in desperate need of him.

I looked at the time, it was almost midnight. He was supposed to be sleeping. However, i'll take my chances and text him.

"I miss you. I can't sleep; i'm overthinking everything. Anyway, goodnight my love." I typed and sent it before locking my phone and setting it next to me.

I wanted to say a lot more in that message, but i decided against it. In case he was awake, i don't want to add more to his worries.

I kept fixing my phone, unlocking it and locking it back again, for no reason, waiting for his reply to pop up. A part of me wanted him to be sleeping peacefully, while the other part needed to hear his voice in the hope of it being my lullaby.

Thirty minutes have passed with no reply. I sighed, setting the phone on the bed table, to try to sleep.

Moments after i closed my eyes, and to my utter shock, my phone vibrated with a text from him.

"Open the door, angel."

My heart sank to the floor as i read the words. Was he really here?

I tiptoed my way to the door, careful not to wake up Clara. My whole body started shaking as i opened the door to be greeted by his beautiful smile.

"Oh. My. God."

I was still starstruck when he came in and closed the door behind him. I expected anything but to see him here at this hour.

I instantly threw myself into his arms, filling my nostrils with his sweet scent while i felt him stroke my hair lightly.

He lifted my chin up to meet his gaze, and gave me a soft but quick kiss. I took his hand in mine to lead him to my room, still careful to make the minimal possible noise.

"I thought you were sleeping. I didn't expect this at all." I said after closing the room's door.

"I wasn't able to sleep, so when you sent the text i figured i should be with you tonight. Besides, Antonella is still home and the children are asleep, so it made it easier for me to leave."

Could i be luckier?

We sat on my bed, as i curled myself into his lap, resting my head in the crook of his neck.

"I can't believe you're here. I missed you so much," I said after planting a kiss on his neck.

"You were sure obsessed with me." I heard him chuckle.

I tilted my head to see what he meant, when i saw him looking at all the posters of him that were on the wall.

Oops. Guilty as charged.

"This is embarrassing!" I blurted, hiding my face with my hands. "Stop looking at them." I shook my head in shame.

His laugh woke up all my senses, making my heart melt like every time.