Chapter four

Two weeks had passed since the last time Leo and Laura communicated.

He thought she was giving him the silent treatment because he hurt her.
While she thought she doesn't have the right to talk to him anymore.

He was there all the time, making it harder on her by the day.
She was there all the time, reminding him that he can't erase what happened.

He was thinking about it all, still trying to figure out her intentions, still denying his own feelings.
She was pretending that nothing had happened, ignoring the ache in her chest, suppressing her love.

He craved a shared look, to help him understand, "what is she thinking about?"
She mastered the art of avoiding his eyes, "he doesn't want to understand."

He didn't know what to say.
She had no idea what to do.

Can they fix what's broken?
-------------

Laura's POV:

It was christmas' eve. Antonella had decided to throw a dinner and invite all the team since Leo haven't been spending a lot of time with them due to his injury.

"Laura!" Antonella rushed towards me. "I hope you have no plans for tonight because i need you to help me." She let out panting, "there's a lot of things to do and i could really use an extra hand. Oh god we need to start the preparation before the whole circus arrives." She said pacing the floor.

I laughed at her nervousness, then held her by the shoulders. "Hey hey, calm down, it'll be great, i'm the one who's supposed to be nervous for getting to meet the whole 'circus'." I chuckled to myself before the realization hit me. Oh my god. I'm going to meet them. All of them.
----------

I've barely seen him today, for that i was busy perfecting everything with Antonella before this big night. And it was good. The less i see him, the better.

It was 7 o'clock now. The table was set with all kind of fancy food you could possibly imagine. It was really cold so we were limited to stay indoor. Sadly we couldn't use the terrace near the pool. However it made the whole atmosphere cozier for Christmas. The huge Christmas tree was decorated in blue and red ornaments. Typical since barça was an obsession around here. The chimney was glowing red, the fire adding just the needed touch for this cold night. Everything looked stunning.

And now there was nothing else but to wait for the guests to arrive soon.

Antonella was all ready, and she looked amazing. She was wearing a short blue tight dress that highlighted her figure perfectly. Her hair was let loose, curled slightly at the end. And to complete her look, she added a touch of makeup, without overdoing it. Her beauty was so natural and simple it made my heart melt. God, how did i ever think i could compete with her?

I quickly shook off the thoughts, tonight is not the time Laura.

I searched for Thiago in the whole house, to help him get dressed, but he was nowhere to be found. I noticed that Leo is not here too. Could they've gone out without us noticing? Where were they? the party is about to start. I huffed to myself, Antonella would be pissed off if she knew they're missing.

I was brought back from my bubble by the sound of the door opening. There they were, all two, smiling shyly like they've been caught doing something, when they realize i'm standing in front of them.

"Thiago baby come on we have to get you all prepared the guests will be arriving soon." I said to him stroking his hair and ignoring how embarrassed he was for some unknown reason.

He glanced at his dad for a moment trying to hide his laugh. "OKAY LET'S GO TO MY ROOM!" He screamed taking my hand in his and running towards his room making me stumble behind him.