Chapter fifteen

Laura's POV

"Stop reading those you'll drive yourself crazy!" Clara exclaimed, snatching the sports magazine from my hand.

I glared at her, arching my eyebrows, before taking my laptop to read more news on the internet.

"Oh for god's sake Laura! Give this to me too. Now." She said, extending her hand towards me, waiting for me to hand it to her.

"NOT FAIR! I need to know what they're saying about us! There's a lot of rumors getting spread." I tried resisting.

"So you could overthink every word until your brain explodes? No, thank you." She replied, taking the laptop away from me. "And now, don't make me confiscate your phone as well, or you won't be able to talk to your Leo boo."

"Ugh. Fine." I replied annoyed.

It's been few days that the news of Leo and Antonella separating has been leaked, and the press hasn't stopped talking about them and their new 'flames', aka Enzo and I. All sort of cheating theories have been mentioned, especially that the press already knew my face from the month i spent with Neymar. Which made it even more complicated.

It was getting out of hand. There are millions of things they can write about. Why us? It's called a private life for a reason. But i guess nothing is private in this circle.

"Did you talk to Leo?" Clara asked, seeing me engulfed in my thoughts.

"We barely texted. I don't know what's wrong." I said, reflecting on the few texts and phone calls we exchanged.

"Talk to me. What is it? I thought you guys were good."

"We were. But ever since the leak, he hasn't been himself. He's being cold with me, like his mind is somewhere else. And i know he's sick of it more than me, because it's been this way for him for a long time now, but it's not an excuse to shut me out."

I really wondered why he was acting like this. He's supposed to be here for me. We're in this together.

"I'm sorry, babygirl.. look i know it hurts coming from him, but give him some time. I'm sure he has a lot on his mind right now." She reassured me, patting my leg.

But i couldn't stop my brain from railing off. The hollowness i felt last time i saw him, was still building a home inside me; and i still didn't figure out why.

The phone rang for the fifth time today, and like every other time, i ignored it.

"Is it Marc again?" She asked me.

"Yeah."

She looked at me in a disappointing way, shaking her head in disapproval.

"Laura, you know you'll have to face him sooner or later. Call him back please."

I sighed knowing that she's right. He was my best friend and i owed him an explanation after keeping all of this a secret. It's just that there's a lot on my plate right now to deal with Marc as well.

I dialed his number and waited for a reply. I knew he'd be fuming by now. But he didn't pick up.

Moments later we heard the doorbell.

"If it's your boyfriend again, i'll have a heart attack." She joked, trying to ease the tension, while heading to the hallway.

"Oh get over yourself." I replied, throwing a pillow towards her which she successfully escaped.

I really wished it was him. I needed to talk to him so badly. He was the only one capable of calming the voices in my head.

Suddenly, i heard a familiar voice, that i wasn't expecting to hear in my house today.