Chapter 16

Maya was standnig there confused. "What?" She asked as Mason and I just started at each other. After a couple minutes of silence he spoke. "Are you fucking serious Katerine?" I crossed my arms. " I swear to god. I just got used to you dating Jordan." He pulled at his hair. "Wait what are we talking about?" Maya asked looking at me. "I swear we didn't do anything." I said holding my hands up. "Wait who?" Maya asked. "Yeah? Then how did you get the weed?" Mason asked "God damn it! Tell me what the hell is going on?" Maya yelled. We both looked at her and Mason stomped out of the kitchen and out of my house slamming the front door."

I pressed my hand against my forehead and started pacing. Then Aria and Jordan walked in. "Whats wrong with him?" Jordan asked walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

None of us said anythingas Maya was stillstadning there looking at me waiting for an answer. I quickly pulled away from Jordan and walked out of the door. Back to Jake's I go.

^^^

I pulled into Jake's driveway only to see Mason's car there. "Shit." I said jumping out and running in. I saw Jake standing there while Mason was yelling at him. I quickly walked up to them. "What the hell did y'all do?" Mason yelled. I stepped in front of Jake. "We didn't do anything." I said looking up at Mason. "I actually paid him." He still had anger radiating off of him. He looked at Jake for confirmation. I looked up and saw him nod. A little of the anger drained from his face but I could still tell that he was pissed.

Mason pushed me out of the way. "But if I ever hear that you did something to her, you will regret it." He said pushing Jake's shoulder. He turned around and started walking towards the door. I ran up to him and turned him around. "We good." I asked him. His nostrils flared. Why the hell did yo do it again? You haven't smoked since sophomore year." I looked him in the eyes.

"It clams my nerves." I said quietly. "Why can't you find something else to clam your nerves like normal people." I took a step back. He should have known  that I was really  self conscious when it came to people talking about when I was 'normal' or not. I didn't know why, but I was. He looked up and then back down at me. "That's not what I meant Kat and you know that."  I took another step back.

"Then what the hell did you mean?" He paused for a moment trying to think of something to say. "Because if I remember correctly we started smoking together. What happened to the Mason that was always so happy when I brought joints to school and in the middle of the day we would skip class to go smoke under the bleachers." I said as I felt Jake's body heat behind me. "You know what I don't even want to hear it. Just leave." Mason glared at Jake and stomped out the front door.

I turned around and felt Jake wrap his arms around me as I fell into his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist. I don't know what I was going to do.

^^^ 

All Jake and I did was hug and then I was on my way. When I got back to my house everyone was gone except for Jordan. He was sitting on my bed when I walked into my room. "Oh your still here?" I asked. "In the flesh." He said as I smiled. I walked over to him and sat on him straddling his lap.

"So you care to tell me what happened earlier?" I knew he was bound to ask at some point., so I don't know why I was so surprised. "Well okay I was about a sophomore when I stopped smoking." He wrapped his arms around my waist holding me up. "Cigarettes?" He asked as I shook my head. "Weed." He nodded and waited for me to finish. "And I had a friend who would get me the weed. We had a weird relationship." This was so awkward to talk with him about. "We would hook up all the time so when I started smoking instead of paying..." He nodded coming to a realization. "And Mason said he had just gotten used to us dating so whe he smelt the weed he thought that I cheated on you." Jordan looked at me waiting for me to continue. "Which I didn't. I would never do that." I said placing my forehead on his.