; taking action

"yoongi hyung, i think we have a problem. my dad has just called on me, and he wants us both to go and see him," hoseok burst through the bathroom door and barrelled into his friends bedroom as he was in the middle of making his bed. yoongi very nearly jumped out of his skin. "we need to go, now!"

"i'm half dressed, hoseok-ah!" yoongi screeched and thankfully snatched a t-shirt from hoseok's pile of clothing as he was dragged from his room, throwing it over his shoulders despite the minor size difference and beginning to quickly button it up.

"sorry, i'm just...scared." hoseok rubbed at the hair on the back of his neck - a trait he had picked up from his 'room-mate' - and shuffled his feet quickly, making his way down the stairs with yoongi's hand now in his own in an attempt to speed him up.

"why? hoseok, stop," yoongi pulled on his hand and forced the younger to face him, a worried frown playing on his lips and his bottom lip caught between his teeth. "tell me what's worrying you. i want to help."

"it's...exactly how you say. my father received a letter this morning, from a black witch named lee sang, he believes it might be a threat. you predicted the war that is brewing, hyung," hoseok squeezed the hand that was in his, his tongue poking out of his mouth and concealing his bottom lip for a few seconds, attempting to give moisture to his drying lips. "i'm just very scared."

"you'll be okay, hoseok. the death around you is fading. i promise." yoongi forced himself to smile, it not being fake but also having to be given a nudge of encouragement to be shown.

"it's not me i'm worried about, it's you," hoseok pulled yoongi closer, a discontented look in his eyes. now the two boys were as close as they had ever been (while they were awake, that is) and neither were finding it uncomfortable. hoseok's other hand hooked around yoongi's, a quiet sigh forced from his chest escaping. "you're most likely a half blood, yoongi, and if they see you they'll want to take you away with them."

the castle had become eerily empty to the two, maids still milling around and servants pushing carts and exchanging small talk, but it was completely silent to them. each of them were calm now, their grips on each other's hands becoming slightly tighter when the volume of talk began to grow. yoongi grinned the best he could, trying to reassure him with all of his might. he no longer felt uncomfortable touching hoseok, his deathly aura was fading and it gave yoongi a lot more pleasure than he thought it ever would.

"i'd much rather stay with you," yoongi finally spoke, spinning them around so he was now making hoseok walk, letting go of one hand but holding tightly onto the other, finally upgrading their hand-holding to interlace their fingers. "you're a lot more fun than they could ever be."

"you promise?" hoseok stopped them before they could enter the throne room, pulling sheepishly on his partners hand to prevent him from walking any further.

yoongi raised hoseok's hand up to his lips, pressing it to them gently. "is that a good enough promise?"

with painted red faces, the two pushed open the creaky and old doors, hoping for the best they could get.

"ah, boys. it's nice to see you're getting along." king heechul nodded down to their hands with a grin on his face, motioning them to rise from their bowing position to stand in front of him, sides pressed together and hands still interlaced behind their backs. yoongi's finger was rubbing miniature circles into the space below hoseok's thumb, trying his best to both pay attention and calm down the nervous boy next to him. 

"why did you want us to come down, dad? what does it have to do with us what this witch has threatened us with?" hoseok spoke and halfway through cleared his throat, letting an ashamed breath leave his lungs and his shoulders slump. yoongi turned his head from the royalty in front of him and looked up at hoseok, nudging their shoulders together reassuringly.

"we need you to know what is happening, so you can be protected as much as you can," queen eunbi answered, running a slightly discoloured hand through her hair. "we especially need yoongi to know, so he can prevent anything horrible happening to you."

"but yoongi will need protected too, will he not?" hoseok almost fell over his words from throwing them out so fast, almost spluttering as he did so. in return yoongi tugged on his hand slightly, shaking his head as a sign to stop. there was no point in picking a fight.

"he will be, but you need to be protected more. you are the heir of this throne, hoseok-ah." heechul cut in, a slight hint of frustration in his tone. his words seemed a lot rougher than they were a minute ago, as if he were scolding a dog. his son took notice of this, visibly deflating.

"but-"

"hosoekie, it's alright," yoongi spoke over him gently, again looking over at him with a smile on his face. he tugged on his hand again, pressing his thumb over the place where his lips once were, sending him a secret message. hoseok nodded gently. "i'll be okay."

"now that... that is out of the way, we have to talk to yoongi. alone." heechul began to stand, expecting his son to leave without a word. hoseok stayed planted, his feet seemingly sinking into the floor.

"whatever you have to say to him, you can say to me."

"hoseokie-"

"no, hyung. i want to know what he has to say. if were going to be around each other a lot, it'll have to be known by both of us, right?" hoseok spoke over everyone, having to raise his voice to be heard over the arguments of people trying to persuade him to leave.

"you already know, don't you?" eunbi stood and began to move, stunning everyone into silence. the colour of her hands was now obvious. they were orange and black; the exact colour of a tigers.

"a-about what?"

"you know your friend is a half blood."

can you believe i wrote this in one sitting