; cousins

it took yoongi a grand total of zero seconds to react. he immediately jumped into action in a dangerous attempt to save his cousin, fingers gripping burnt wood and stone and throwing it in any direction that was not on top of jeongguk. "don't just stand there, help me!" he practically screeched, and in an instant he was surrounded by three other boys helping him dig out the boy.

it didn't take too long to get him out. as soon as he was yoongi had flung his arms around the boy's neck, holding him close against his own body and letting a sob escape through his lips. he was at a loss for words, what was he supposed to say to his cousin he hadn't seen in four weeks that he had just saved from a collapsed building?

"hyung, i'm okay, it's okay." jeongguk finally spoke, moving from his cousin's grip to try and stand. yoongi had his hand wrapped around the taller's forearm while he stood, refusing to let go of the boy in fear of him falling and injuring himself again. he was only young, how was yoongi supposed to let him walk easily for himself when he was just buried underneath wood and stone?

"guys, this is my cousin, jeon jeongguk. guk, these are my friends from the castle. their names are taehyung," yoongi pointed a finger at the red haired boy. "jimin," a finger towards the blue haired boy. "and seokjin-hyung." finally, a finger towards the black haired boy.

"i'm guessing they're all older than me." jeongguk grumbled and taehyung scoffed gently, his mouth agape.

"i sure hope so. i'm sick of being the youngest." taehyung admitted, a pout playing on his lips. jimin looked over at him and smiled, wrapping an arm around the taller's neck with a small amount of difficulty.

"yes, they're all older than you. can we get onto the point i'm trying to make, please?" yoongi ushered them all into a circle, not being surprised when the blackbird followed and quite comfortably rest itself on his shoulder. "do you know where mama went?"

"no, but i do know that jaebum-hyung and youngjae-hyung wanted to see us. they saw me just when the guards came and told me to fetch you, i was going to get my stuff when they knocked down the house." jeongguk pointed a thumb behind him, as if the four hadn't noticed it was in complete shambles. "they said that if you were to come and help, they knew people."

"fantastic. more of us." jimin muttered unenthusiastically, pulling taehyung slightly closer. in all honestly, jimin knew exactly why he didn't want new people joining them. taehyung was like a magnet to new people, everybody just seemed to like him and many people decided on liking him in a much more intense way, and jimin did not like that at all. he wanted taehyung all to himself so when taehyung raised a hand and curled it into the hair at the nape of jimin's neck, he let out a breath of relief he didn't even know he was holding.

"do you know where they are? did they evacuate?" yoongi turned in his place and trailed his eyes towards the village hall, where all the stores were placed.

"they said they would hide underneath their store, in the cellar. they're powerful so it's unlikely they're dead." jeongguk set off, deciding that he would be leading from now on. "you know, mind control and air bending? a brilliant mix for fighting."

"what about water bending?" taehyung whined, lagging behind just to keep jimin's hold on him. yoongi was attempting to keep up with jeongguk's quick pace and seokjin was easily keeping up.

"don't forget fire bending." jimin cut in before jeongguk could reply to taehyung.

"they're both cool but air bending is a lot more convenient. air can put out fire and push water, can destroy earth with pure force. a lot stronger." jeongguk didn't even bother to turn to them, he just pushed on with his hands dusting mud and stray stones off his shirt. there was a rip on the back that revealed a strong back, and jimin was trying his hardest to prevent taehyung from looking. he knew taehyung liked that type of thing and jimin himself had that kind of thing, but he didn't want taehyung thinking jeongguk was better than him.

"can we just go-" yoongi stopped short when yet again, the bird landed on his shoulder. "okay, this bird likes me a bit too much."

the bird squawked in approval, refusing to dig its claws into yoongi's shoulder. it was quite happily looking between all of the people who he was with, and longer at jeongguk. it let out another squawk as yoongi continued to walk, slightly digging its claws into his shoulder as a warning.

"hey! what're you doing?" yoongi shouted, trying to waft the bird away with his hand. still it refused, squawking loudly and beginning to hurt yoongi's ears. taehyung was slightly hiding behind jimin, jimin's hand out protectively on taehyung's thigh and seokjin had his hand on the knife he had stored in his belt.

"it can sense something." seokjin whispered, proceeding forward past yoongi and jeongguk.

when yoongi put out his hand flat, the bird almost instantly flew off and sat on it. it padded its feet along his palm and made yoongi chuckle quietly, using his other hand to run a finger across its feathers.

"are we going to see jaebum and youngjae now?" jeongguk asked, but the bird squawked cautiously before anybody could reply. before anybody could utter a word it took off towards the town centre and yet again made a loud noise, which spurred yoongi on and made him chase it. it wasn't long before all five were running after this bird, almost skidding to a halt before they fell face first into the commotion in front of them.

there stood jaebum and youngjae, with knifes playing by their temples.