; the matter at hand

the entire room was stunned into silence. hoseok and yoongi looked at each other worriedly, the grips around each other's hands becoming vicelike, refusing to be ripped apart.

"i didn't know until a few days ago, your majesty," yoongi finally spoke, keeping his voice as quiet as possible and looking down at his scuffling feet, practically shaking in fear. "i-i never knew who my father was, and a few days ago i panicked during the night while indoors. the outside made me feel better, but i promise you i've never had any intention of hurting anybody."

"how can we trust you fully, yoongi? you never know when a half-blood can lash out, and i don't know if we can trust you to-"

"you're not making him leave," hoseok stopped his mother short, his voice a whole lot louder than his partners and a lot harsher than it was a few minutes before. "he's protected me more in three weeks than you two have in your entire life." 

"how do you know he's not just buttering you up to plan and kill you?" heechul snapped, now standing from his place in an instant and causing a small shake in the earth.

yoongi squeezed his eyes closed and begged for the tears to not cascade past his eyelids. he's never had any sort of impulse to hurt anybody, and he would apologise even if he stood on hoseok's toe. why was he being accused so much? he shuffled the small distance he could towards hoseok, finding comfort in having him closer than just holding hands.

"why on earth would he do that? unlike you, i've actually spent time with yoongi! it just so happens that he is an amazing guardian, and i would rather him than anybody else," hoseok's voice was becoming louder and it made yoongi shy into him slightly, his cheeks becoming red and a faint smile showed on his lips, despite the circumstances. "before we came in here, he promised me he wouldn't leave. i'm not going to stop believing him, father. you can't stop me."

"his father is min howon, hoseok!" eunbi shouted, it sounding more like a roar than anything else.

"the-the head black witch?" hoseok stopped dead for a second, and yoongi's heart dropped to his stomach, but it perked right back up when hoseok continued to speak. "that doesn't matter! he was raised by his mother, a pure white witch! he has only good intentions!"

"you don't know-" heechul began, but was interrupted by a timid but loud voice.

"i'm not going to hurt him!" yoongi demanded, no longer shying away from the confrontation, now refusing to let it continue. "i wouldn't dare, in a thousand years, purposely hurt your son. i promise you, with everything that i have. if i ever hurt him, you can take everything i own, including my life. you will never find me hurting hoseok-ah. i care about him too much." 

for the second time in around five minutes, everything was silent. there was movement beside yoongi, his hand was let go of, but it was switched to having arms around his waist, being hugged to hoseok's chest as tightly as he could muster. his arms almost instantly wrapped around the latter's neck, pushing himself up on his toes for a better angle to rest his head.

"i won't let them take you away, hyung." hoseok whispered into the shorter boy's ear.

"i won't hurt you, ever." yoongi whispered in return, pressing his lips gently to the clump of hair yoongi could reach.

"i-i love you hyung." hoseok chuckled, pulling away from the hug and grinning at the shorter male.

"i love you too, kid. now...this is getting a tad awkward." yoongi whispered, giggling into hoseok's shoulder after he leaned his forehead on it.

"we...we don't know what to do, hoseok-ah," eunbi sighed, looking over at her husband, who shrugged. "his father just told us that yoongi was his son, he never said anything about wanting to take him back."

"even if he wanted to take yoongi back, we wouldn't let him. right?" hoseok took both of yoongi's hands in his own, lacing their fingers together and letting yoongi calm down on his shoulder, taking deep breaths.

"you seem to have taken a liking to him, so most probably not." both of his parents' eyes trailed down to their hands, watched as hoseok rubbed shapes into yoongi's hands and how yoongi's grip seemingly tightened.

"thank you, we both really appreciate it." hoseok grinned, a proper grin that made both of his parents smile too.

"you two can go. we will try and sort this out without causing a war, okay?" heechul laid one hand on hoseok's shoulder and the other on yoongi's, frowning slightly when yoongi clenched up.

"yes, father. c'mon hyung, we can go." hoseok muttered into yoongi's ear and pressed his lips there gently, pulling yoongi away by their interlocked hands and trying his hardest to make him grin.

"are you okay, hoseok-ah?" was the first thing yoongi spoke as soon as they arrived back into hoseok's bedroom, watching as the other's shoulder's slumped slightly upon being hidden behind the bedroom walls.

"i'm okay, but i'm still scared," hoseok whispered, spinning around to face yoongi with a frown carved into his face. "i really don't want you to leave me."

"i'm not going to leave you," yoongi pressed his forehead against hoseok's, trying his hardest to reassure the other. "even if they forced me out of the castle, i would sneak back in everyday to see you."

"do you promise?" hoseok whispered.

this time, instead of kissing hoseok's hand, he pulled him closer and pressed his lips to hoseok's.

"is that a good enough promise?"

the pair didn't kiss again. they also didn't start dating. both believed the other thought of it as a heat of the moment action, neither refused to forget that it happened nonetheless.

yet yoongi sat in hoseok's room a week later, staring at a sleeping hoseok on the other side of the bed, and he was shaking and worrying.

the death aura was gone, but another had replaced it.

this chapter is dedicated to lottie, aka Shutuplottie , aka an amazing artist who enjoys illustrating my works! she is absolutely brilliant!