Chapter Fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN - LILLY'S P.O.V

I bedamn Mother Nature as I plod to AP Calculus, the cramping feeling in the pit of my stomach something pernicious and quite uncomfortable. The cramps and the fatigue I feel only add dread to my apprehension towards seeing Mr. Adonis today.

What will he have to say about last night? Will he tell me how much he deplores the kiss? Will he express how repulsed he is by his actions? Or will he implore atonement, just like the last time we kissed?

I will feel nothing but resentment and bitterness towards that man if he takes back his words, having beguiled me with lies for his own abysmal reasons.

When I reach Mrs. Hamilton's classroom I swing the door open and find my way to my seat, pulling out my binder. I place my green pen between my teeth as I look at her rise from her desk.

"Happy All Saint's Day. I hope you all had fun yesterday." Mrs. Hamilton smiles. "Today you will be turning to page two hundred and twenty-eight in your textbooks. You will read the overview to chapter six, and on Monday we will begin learning about Exponentials and Logarithms."

I open my book and turn to the page she instructed us to, wanting to throw my book right out the window as I see that the overview to chapter six is eight pages long. My eyes move slowly as I assimilate the words on the pages, hoping that I'll actually be able to retain the information with the loudmouthed nitwits around me.

A slender finger taps my shoulder, causing my body to tense. I nearly curse Mrs. Hamilton for seating Sean in the seat behind me of all people.

"Lilly." He whispers my name, obviously trying to acquire my attention.

"What do you want, cretin?" I turn around in my seat and watch as a presumptuous grin forms on his face.

"You ditched me last night," He leans forward, taking his angular finger and stroking my forearm with it. "just when things were getting heated too."

"Heated? More like nauseating." I scrunch my nose up in disgust.

"That's not what your lips were saying last night when they were begging me to kiss them."

"You must have been drunk as fuck if you actually think I wanted to kiss you." I keep my voice low enough for the people around us to not hear.

"No, you must have been drunk as fuck since you didn't kiss me back." His pretty face hasn't relinquished that damned presumptuous grin.

"Why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be in bed, moaning and groaning about your pounding head and queasy stomach?" I had only been at the party for an hour and I had witnessed him ingurgitate four drinks. There's not a doubt in my mind that he drank more after I left.

"Haven't you ever heard of a hangover remedy? Water, Advil, Alka-Seltzer, and some greasy food does the trick."

"Well then, shouldn't you be cleaning up your house?" I can only imagine the monstrosity all of those drunken and hormonal teenagers made of his exorbitant home.

"That's what the maids are for." He rolls his eyes, his statement only manifesting what a pampered little shit he is.

"That's nice, but I have more important things to do than continuously lose brain cells as I converse with your pompous ass." I give him a sardonic smile before turning around in my seat. He inarticulately mutters something faint and unintelligable, but I don't give him the satisfaction of turning around and asking him to repeat himself.

I manage to finish reading the eight page overview by the time the bell rings, much to my surprise. I pick up my book and swing my canvas bag over my shoulders before exiting the classroom and heading to my locker to put my book away and wait for Brit.