Chapter Twenty-One

(A/N) WARNING: Three chapters ago I presented you all with two options: one in which I keep the details on any s.exual activity vague, and one in which I describe it with moderated details. The latter was unanimously favored, so let's get down to business. This chapter contains moderate s.exual activity. Proceed at your own discretion.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE - LILLY'S P.O.V

"You can sleep in my room."

My lip suddenly stops trembling. For the third time this evening, I am taken aback. "Is that a proposition?"

"It's a solution."

"For a trollop?" I scoff. "What the hell kind of girl do you think I am? I can't accept an invitation like that."

He raises a brow. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about sharing a bed with you on our first date; I can't do that."

The corner of his mouth curves. "My, my, my, what a dirty mind you have. You defiled my suggestion. What kind of perverted ear canals do you have? I said that you can sleep in my room. I never said that I would sleep in there as well."

"Oh."

How embarrassing.

My mind had went somewhere his thoughts hadn't even touched. I had perverted his words. I can only turn my head to the side to hide my own mortification, and hope that I didn't just pervert his thoughts as well. "Where will you sleep then?"

"In the guest room."

"You shouldn't have to sleep in that spider lair because of me."

"It's fine; I'm not afraid of spiders." He shrugs. "There's always the couch too."

I was beginning to feel like an inconvenience. I had already made him extricate me from the spiders, and now I was making him offer his room to me. "What if I just sleep on the floor?"

"You think I would let you sleep on the floor? What kind of man do you think I am?"

"I could put a blanket down and-"

"On hardwood floors?"

I groan.

"I have an idea." He goes back into the spider den, grabs my things, turns the light off, and closes the door. "Follow me." He opens the door to the room he was in earlier and goes inside, leaving it wide open behind him. I hesitantly enter the lit room, taking in my surroundings. It's only about three times the size of the guest room but somehow a flat screen television, two dressers, two nightstands, and a large canopy bed manage to fit inside. Behind each of the nightstands is a vertical sliding window. The walls are the same shade of green as the kitchen and the curtains are identical to the ones in the guest room.

Beyond a doorless doorway on the other side of the room are his-and-her sinks. The walls in that area are dark red. Once again I am fascinated by the artful conception the decorator of this house had in mind when they furnished it.

My eyes finally settle on the grayish marble posts of the canopy, which match the marble on top of the dressers. I put my hand out to one of them, grazing its cold surface with my fingers. "This marble is beautiful. What is it, Bardiglio Imperiale?"

The Adonis turns around, one eyebrow raised. "Is there anything you don't know?"

"Your deepest, darkest secrets." I grin.