Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO - MR. STEVEN'S P.O.V

I really need to organize this damned storage room. Who ever put all this shit in here didn't know the defintion of organization. The second bell goes off and I close my eyes, trying to assemble enough fortitude to endure one more hour of psychologically debilitating teenage girls.

One more hour. One more hour and then I can go home and rehabilitate any brain cells damaged during this tedious day.

"Sorry for being late class. I was looking at the storage room." I exit the eye assaulting room and turn to face the class, suddenly feeling bewildered as I look at the rows of girls giving me rather flirtacious smiles.

One more hour.

"My name is Mr. Stevens. You can call me Mr. Stevens or Mr. S."

"Can we call you master?" I look at the student sitting at the seat in front of me, lip pulled between her teeth and hooded eyes looking at me in a way they shouldn't be.

"Maybe." I wink at her, clearly out of my own damn mind. As soon as I see a triumphant grin form on her face I curse the muscles in my face that caused such an inappropriate flirtacious action.

"Seriously, please don't call me master. Call me Mr. Stevens or Mr. S." I refrain myself from saying anything as the same student winks at me. Has she no shame? "Let me go take roll call and we can get class started."

"Jason Allen?" My eyes gradually move down the list of students displayed on the computer. "Hannah Evans?" I call out, waiting for the student named Hannah to make her presence known.

"Here master." A girl from the front row audaciously replies. I can't help but smirk at the thought of Veronica's reaction when I tell her that one of my students had the audacity to call me master.

"Lillian Greene?" The name, so simple yet so exquisite on my tongue, has my eyes shifting from the computer screen to the rows of girls in a sudden curiosity towards seeing which one goes by the name. I hear a small voice from somewhere but I can't identify the source of it.

"Lillian Greene you're going to have to speak up or raise your hand." Is this student quiet or is she shy?

"Here sir." A hand appears in the back of the class and I look at it before looking at the student who it belongs to. When my eyes connect with cadaverous blue ones something happens and I can't look away. The pale blue eyes stare back at me, wide and motionless just like mine.

A sudden rapturous feeling blooms in my chest, and I find myself perfectly enraptured by the face my eyes have become attached to. All too soon, our gaze is disconnected as she looks away from me and towards the window. My eyes linger on her face, where a shade of red is slowly sweeping over.

Hesitantly, I avert my gaze back to the computer screen, taking in a deep breath as I try to recover from what ever the hell just happened.

"Uhm..." I clear my throat, licking my lips before speaking. "Julia Harden?"

When I reach the end of the  list I stand up and walk back to the center of the classroom. "Okay class. I bet that you've been hearing a bunch of  speeches about what is expected of you this year. I hate them almost as much as you do." My eyes involuntarily drift to the back of the room, an idea suddenly forming in my head.

"Let's do something different. How about we get to know each other? Each of you can tell me five things about yourself." Everyone seems to perk up at my suggestion, probably glad to not hear another damned speech.

"I'll start. My name is Mr. Stevens, I teach Anatomy, I was born in Spring, Texas, I'm twenty-four years old, and I'm single." I smile. Since I've already been asked if I'm single, twenty-two times, I might as well just start announcing it. The giggles and gasps that fill the room were amusing five hours ago, but now they are simply annoying.