Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN - LILLY'S P.O.V

My entire body is tense and stagnant as his lips smother mine. I stand still, eyes wide and body refusing to move as I try to make sense of what is happening.

But how could I possibly make sense of this?

I was feeling aghast, perplexed, and bewildered - and the feeling of his soft lips on mine wasn't aiding my brain in wrapping around the situation.

This is wrong.

This should not be happening.

He is your teacher.

You are his student.

What my subconcious was reminding me of was not erroneous, but the facts became irrelevant as his lips began moving against mine.

His arms reach around my back, palms flat against the fabric of my shirt, forcing my body to be closer against his. My body seemed to have a reaction of its own as my head tilts to the side and my lips begin moving with his.

That strange thrilling tingle I felt last week has returned, only this time it's magnified and more intense. Every nerve in my body becomes invigorated; sparked with an electrifying tingle that stems from the intimate act of us kissing.

His soft lips move blissfully against mine and my hormones race as his hot minty breath mixes with mine, creating a combination that's intoxicating to my senses.

"Excuse the interruption. Ms. Lewis you are needed in the counselor's department. I repeat, Ms. Lewis you are needed in the counselor's department. Thank you."

The authorative voice of principal Sheppard comes leaking through the speaker above us, causing me to jump back. My hand flies up to my chest in a mere attempt to calm my pulsating heart. With wide eyes I look at Mr. Stevens, seeing him take in deep breaths past his parted lips - which look slightly reddened. My hand moves up to my mouth, and as I trace my thumb along my bottom lip, feeling how tender it is, the realization dawns on me;

I just kissed my teacher.

A tornado of feelings bombard me as I enter a mode of panic. With each increased breath and each pound of my heart I become trapped in a state of consternation and hysteria. My mind becomes obscured with thoughts and I can barely think properly, but when Mr. Stevens takes a step toward me I have enough sense to take a step back.

"Lilly I-" He stops speaking as I quickly grab my bag, making sure it's held tightly in my hand before I sprint towards the door.

"Lilly wait!" He yells right as the door closes behind me.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

My teacher kissed me, and I kissed him back.

How am I supposed to feel? Should I feel desecrated and taken advantage of? Should I feel acrimony and resentment? Should I feel disgustment and repugnance? Should I feel compunctious and chagrined?

What should I do? Should I ignore him from now on? Should I just pretend that nothing ever happened, locking up the memory of our enticing intimate act forever and letting it fade into my subconscious? Should I go to my priest and confess my sins?

"Confession." I scoff, nearly grimacing at the mere thought of confessing my 'sins' to a man who's far too religious for my comforts. What would I possibly say? Forgive me father for I have sinned. My teacher kissed me and I kissed him back?

The sound of something reverberating reaches my ears, along with the feeling of a vibration travelling through the foam of my mattress. I grab my phone placed by my hip and pick it up, feeling the vibration tickle my hand. When I see that I have a text from Brit I sigh before tapping the screen to view it.