5

Ethan's POV
I watched Zoey as she headed to the bathroom. Something about her didn't let me think straight. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Asshole, I mean, Aiden.

"So you and Zoey are good friends?" I laughed.

"No, actually Zoey is my girlfriend," I said. I loved the way those words rolled off my tongue. Aiden's breath hitched.

"No she's not," he denied.

"Oh yeah, you're right. She's not my girlfriend," I said sarcastically.

"I don't believe it. Zoey is gorgeous and you are a nerd. You're socially awkward and can't even spell the word girlfriend, let alone have one that is sexy in all that clothing."

"Bro, she has substance. Say that again and I'll make sure you can't fuck any girl until you graduate," I stood up and was ready to punch Aiden.

"If she's your girlfriend, prove it."

Zoey came over and I grabbed her face and kissed her. Kissing her was something I had been craving and it was everything I expected.

Zoey's POV
Ethan kissed me and it felt real. I wasn't sure what was going on so I went along with it. He finally pulled away and shifted his glance to Aiden.

Aiden lifted his arms like the police were arresting him and walked away.

"Ethan what was that for?"

"Aiden is..." he stopped,"never mind. I just had to prove to him that you were mine."

We drove to the pizza place downtown because I still owed Ethan one.

"Ethan," I said interrupting our silenced car ride,"why did our kiss feel..not fake?" I didn't want to say real because he was my stepbrother.

"I don't know. Must be in your head," he tapped my template and I laughed. The feeling, though, didn't leave my thoughts.