1

"I promise, you're going to love his son. He's your age and Sean said he is excited to meet you," my mother said trying to reassure me that this new marriage of hers was going to last.

"Whatever," we finished putting our bags into the trunk and drove off. We had to move from Texas to New Jersey and it was a big pain getting everything packed.

My mom had been dating Sean for a year and I never really trusted him. He told me about his son that had gone away on a trip for about a year. Because of this, I never met him. Then they announced they were engaged. It was like a punch in the gut.

Hours and hours went by and we finally reached Sean's house. He came out to help us bring our bags in. A tall, buff, boy stepped out with him. We made eye contact but he broke it quickly.

"Zoey, this is my son Ethan," he wrapped his hand around the back of Ethan's neck while Ethan grabbed my bags,"He'll show you to your room."

I followed Ethan up the stairs and he set my bags on my bed.

"Hi I'm Zoey," I stuck my hand out but he grunted and walked to the room across mine. I followed him,"Excuse me, we are going to be family soon so you're going to have to ignore your man period symptoms and talk to me."

He chuckled,"I'm Ethan. I play football and I'm 17. My favorite food is pineapple pizza but sushi is a close second."

I rolled my eyes and went back to my room. He is a douche.