4

I heard that Aiden would be at the nearby park so I threw together an outfit that I hoped would catch his eye. I didn't want to seem like I purposely went out for him so I decided to ask Ethan to join.

I knocked on his door and he opened it once again, shirtless.

"Damn," he mumbled.

"What?" I asked even though I clearly heard what he said. He shook it off,"I'm going to the park, can you come with?" He nodded and shut his door to, I assume, change.

He stepped out in a button up shirt and khaki shorts. His face was cleanly shaved and his hair looked brushed.

"You clean up nice," I told him.

"Well I saw that you were practically dressed for a gala so I put on a little something," he laughed fixing his collar. I rolled my eyes.

"For your information, the boy I met yesterday will be at the park. He's really attractive and I would like to see if something is between us."

Ethan broke eye contact with me and walked out the door. We drove to the park and I spotted Aiden by the swings.

"Ok, I know you're my stepbrother now and we don't really like each other but-" he cut me off.

"But you need me to be your fake boyfriend and make him jealous," Ethan said finishing my sentence. I was surprised he knew what was going on.

"Sure. On one condition," he answered. I furrowed my eyebrows,"You have to buy me pizza later." I rolled my eyes again.

"Whatever, lets go."

We sat on a bench that was pretty far from Aiden. I kept glancing over to see if he was looking at me. When Aiden finally did notice us, Ethan grabbed my hand and scooted closer to me.

"Hey, Zoey, right?" he waved over.

"Put your arm around me," I whispered to Ethan and he did that,"Hey Kaiden."

"It's Aiden," he corrected. I acted like I didn't know his name because desperation, I believe, is a big turnoff.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry," I said. Ethan laughed.

"So what brings you to the park?" he asked trying to keep our conversation going.

"Just wanted to hang out with Ethan," I said looking towards Ethan and smiling.

"Ethan Dolan? I didn't even recognize you. You changed so much since last year," Aiden mentioned. I was a bit confused but figured Ethan would explain later.

"I have to go to the bathroom," I told Ethan,"be right back."