Chapter 18

We walked down a steep hill and we got to the road. There was a highway with cars going on it. I couldn't help but to cry.

"Are you alright? I can help you find your way back home." Wayne said as we stopped at the bottom.

"Please. I don't know where I am." I said wiping my eyes.

"It's alright. Let's go." He said holding his hand out.

I took his hand and he led me to a nearby gas station. We walked in and the woman at the counter looked at me and her eyes widened.

"Are you Taylor? Taylor Husk?" She said as I felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders.

"Yes! Has my family been by here? Officer Husk or John or my little girl Kinley?" I said as I let go of Wayne's hand.

"Yes ma'am. Mr. Husk left me his number if you came by. Would you like to call him?" She said handing me the store phone.

I quickly accepted and dialed his number. His calm voice on the other end made me smile.

"John.. It's Taylor." I said.

"Taylor! Are you the store? Stay put. I'm about 2 minutes away from you." He said with worry in his voice.

"Okay. I'm here now." I said.

"Well okay. I'm pulling in." He said.

I hung the phone up and walked out the store. John got out the car and I ran and jumped in his arms. He smiled and rubbed my back.

"Where's Kinley?" I said looking in the car.

"With Dylan. I went on a hunt for you." He said with tears in his eyes.

"I'm okay. Thanks." I said as he hugged me again.

"Who's this?" He said pulling away and gesturing to Wayne.

"He helped me. I finally escaped the men and ran far into the woods and he helped me get here. His name is Wayne." I said.

"Wayne?" He said looking at the man.

"Yes sir. I'm Wayne. I helped out Taylor here." He said smiling.

"Thank you. You brought my wife back home safely." John said wrapping his arm around me safely.

"No problem." Wayne said as John and him shook hands.

"Let's go home. I'm tired." I said as John laughed.

We got in the car and before he crunk up the car, he leaned over and kissed me. It wasn't one of those rough kisses where it takes your breath away.

It was one of those soft kisses where you can't help but to smile and know it's what you want with the right man.

"Let's go home." He said smiling.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Taylor! I'm so glad you're okay. I was worried sick." Dylan said as I sat on the couch.

He sat beside me and hugged me then Kinley ran around and jumped on my lap. I hugged her and she smiled and giggled.

"Why did you leave mommy?" she said looking at me.

"Oh baby. Its okay. Im home now." I said cradling her in my arms.

My heart broke at the sight of this. It was the most saddest thing I've ever seen.

-----------------------------------------------------

8 years later........

"Kinley? Is that you?" I said from the couch as a door shut.

"No babe. Its me. Kinley is still at school." John said walking in.

"Oh hey." I said rubbing my huge belly.

"Hows my beautiful wife and my handsome son doing?" He said kissing my cheek.

"Pretty good. He's been active today." I said standing up.

"That's good. I can't believe today was Kinley's first day of high school. I wonder how it went." John said as we went to the kitchen.

"It should be time for her getting out soon." I said looking at the clock.

3:34 pm.

"I miss when she was little and I could still pick her up on my shoulders." I said smiling.

"Me too baby." John said smiling.

I made a cup of tea and sat down at the table. In about 2 months, our little son will be here. His name is Aaron Lee.

"How was work?" I said from the table.

"It was alright. Shane had to take my place cause I got off the clock early." He said sitting beside me.

"Why? Why didnt you stay after?" I said.

"Cause they know you'really pregnant and they want to make sure you're alright." He said as I smiled.

"Awhhh well I miss seeing everyone up there. When Aaron is born, we should take him up there and let everyone see him." I said.

John and I work at a Grill and Bar around the corner from the school. Its about 5 miles from our house.

When I got pregnant, I worked for about 4 months then they said I can take time off for now.

Michael got arrested again and was sent away to a different state.

I finally met John's son, Paul. He's 14 just like Kinley, only a few months older. I'm not sure if he's at the same school as her or not.

"Mom? Dad?" Kinley said walking through the door.

"In here!" I yelled.

"Hey." She said smiling.

"Hey honey. How was school?" I said turning to face her.

She had a boy standing behind her. He had blondish brownish hair and had blue eyes. He was a little taller than Kinley and he had muscles you could see through his shirt.

"Who's this?" John said as Kinley face palmed.

"This is Paul. He goes to my school and we met in the hallway. We were trying to find the same class and decided to stick together." She said as John gasped.

"Paul?" He said standing up.

"Yes sir." Paul said rubbing the back of his neck.

"What's your last name?" John said taking a step forward.

Paul took a small step back and moved his hair from his eyes.

"Honey, you're scaring him. Ease off." I said standing up.

"Sorry about that." John said stepping back to me.

"My last name is Husk." Paul said as John and I both looked at him.

"Oh my babyboy." John said falling to his knees.

"John honey, stand up." I said.

"Mom, is dad okay?" Kinley said.

"Yeah. Just go do what you were going to do, okay? It was very nice meeting you Paul. Hopefully we'll see you again!" I said waving and smiling.

"You too ma'am." He said smiling.

"You can call me Taylor. This is John." I said as John stood up.

"Nice meeting you guys!" He said waving.

"Wanna go upstairs and start on the homework?" Kinley said grabbing her bookbag.

"Sure." He said.

"Is that alright mom?" She said looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Of course. I'll bring a snack up there later." I said smiling.

"Thanks." She said smiling.

They took off upstairs to Kinley's room and I heard the door shut.

"My son. I've found him." John said sitting at the table.

"Were gonna have to break it to Kinley. She may not like it but that's her brother." I said sighing.