Chapter 1

"Mommy, mommy!! Wake up!! Daddy's cooking breakfast!" Kinley said jumping up and down on the bed.

I groaned and sat up and pulled her down to me and hugged her so tightly. This little girl is my heart and I'd do anything to protect my baby. Anything.

"Okay baby. Mommy will be right down." I said getting up and taking her little hand.

"Okay mommy." She said happily.

She ran downstairs and I heard her cheerfully talking to Michael. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth.

I walked out and put some shorts on and a robe and then walked downstairs. When I walked in the kitchen, Michael was at the stove cooking pancakes and Kinley was playing with her drink.

"Goodmorning beautiful." Michael said as I hugged him from behind.

"Mmm goodmorning sexy." I said smiling.

"Want some coffee?" He said as I pecked him on the cheek.

"Sure. Thanks." I said sitting at the table.

He made me a cup of coffee just the way I liked it and brought it over to me. I sipped on my coffee and watched Kinley play with her napkin.

"Are my two beautiful ladies hungry?" Michael said turning around with two plates in his hands.

"Yesss!!!" Kinley said, very excited.

"Tay?" He said smiling at me.

"Always when you cook." I said smirking.

He sat down my plate and leaned down to my ear. I could feel his hot breath on my ear, it sent shivers down my spine.

"Your so gorgeous." He said.

I turned around and pecked him on the lips and he walked over to Kinley. He kissed the top of her head and sat at the end of the table.

"How is it?" He said smiling at Kinley.

"Very good daddy!" She said with pancakes in her mouth.

"How about we take a trip to the beach today?" I said to Michael. "She'd love it."

"Hmm that does sound good, but I gotta work today babe." He said as my smile went to a frown.

"But daddy-"

"How about this? You two go to the beach and you can tell me all about it. How does that sound?" He said smiling at Kinley.

"Okay.." She said so sadly.

We finished eating and I got up and washed the dishes then went up to the room where Michael was.

"You know, she was really looking forward to you going." I said leaning against the doorway.
"I know and I want to go. I just have to finish these things at work." He said tying his tie.

"It's Sunday." I said looking at the ground.

"Babe, even if it is Sunday, the office is open and I have to finish work I didn't get to finish last week. Just go without me I said." He said sighing.

I glared at him then walked over to my dresser and pulled out some clothes and got dressed. I hate when he's moody like this.

"What are you doing?" He said.

"I'm doing like you said. We're going without you." I said walking out the door.

I went over to Kinley's room and opened the door.

"Hey baby. You ready?" I said looking at her.

"Mommy I can't tie this." She sasid crossing her arms over her chest.

I walked over to her and sat her on the bed and started tying her shoe. She looked at me and moved the hair out of my eyes.

"Is daddy really going to work?" She said with tears in her eyes.

"I don't know baby. He says he is." I said sighing.

"We can have fun without him mommy. Can't we?" She said smiling.

"We sure can sweetie." I said taking her little hand in mine and walking down the stairs.

I grabbed the keys and grabbed our beach bag and sat on the couch. I pulled Kinley to me and pulled her hair into a little pony tail.

I brushed my hair then pulled mine into a pony tail and sat the brush on the table. I got up and slid my sandles on.

"Y'all are leaving already?" Michael said leaning against the door.

"Isn't that what you told me? Go without you?" I said grabbing Kinley's hand.

"I didn't mean right this minute." He said.

I glared at him and then opened the door and he came over and closed it before I could get out.

"Can we talk?" He said holding his hand against the door.

"Stay here." I said to Kinley.

I went to the tv and cut on some cartoons and she sat on the couch and happily watched Dora and Boots.

I followed Michael upstairs and he closed the door behind him. I went and sat on the bed and he came and stood in front of me.

"Were you really going to leave me?" He said with his eyes black.

"Michael... You're scaring me." I said backing up on the bed.

"Answer me." He said with venom in his voice.

"Yes." I said looking to the ground.

He buffed and raised his and slapped me. I quickly jerked my head up and glared at him.

"What was that for?" I said yelling at him.

"You really disrespected me." He said smirking.

"You're sick. You know everything I've been through and were back to this stage." I said getting up.

"Don't leave me." He said holding my arm.

"Get off me." I said gritting my teeth.

He released my arm and took a step back and raised his hand again, but this time I stepped back and ran out the room.

I slammed the door and ran downstairs and quickly grabbed everything and Kinley and I ran out the door to the car.

"What's going on mommy?" She said as I fastened her booster seat.

"Nothing baby. Hold on." I said running to my side.

"Taylor!!" Michael yelled running out the house.

"Is everything okay? What's wrong with daddy?" Kinley said almost crying.

I crunk the car and sped off and looked in the rear view mirror and seen Michael in the middle of the road staring at the car that's leaving him behind.

"Everything is okay." I said sighing.

I cut the radio on and tapped my fingers on the wheel. Kinley stared out the window and I quietly sung the songs that came on the radio.

"Look mommy! Look at the trees!" She said excitingly.

"I see them!" I said smiling.

I found a parking spot and got out the car and grabbed our bags and put the keys in the bag and we walked to the sand.

"Can we play now?" She said looking at me.

"Sunscreen." I said holding up the bottle.

I put some on her and put some on me then she stripped down to her bathing suit and I stripped to my bikini.

"Okay. 1.....2.....3!" I said as she squealed and ran to the water.

"Come on mommy!" She yelled.

I smiled and jogged to her and splashed water at her and she squealed and splashed me back.

This is the life I want to live everyday. Nothing but my daughter and I spending quality time together on the beach.